NJC Golf Outing

SeanD

This was brought up in another thread. October in Vegas is the best month as far as weather goes. Anyone down for an early AM golf session. We can do the quick 9 at Callaway which is located on Vegas BLVD next to the airport. Its pretty cheap and you can rent clubs.

I might be down for that. I hate renting clubs but I hate trying to non-rev with checked baggage even more...

Hey, what kind of golf trip would there be without Texas rules? You know, if you tee off and don't hit past the ladies tees (the red tees).......

shorts down to the ankles until you get your ball past the red tees.

Hey, what kind of golf trip would there be without Texas rules? You know, if you tee off and don't hit past the ladies tees (the red tees).......

shorts down to the ankles until you get your ball past the red tees.

see I always thought it was 'put with your who-ha' out. Same but different.

see I always thought it was 'put with your who-ha' out. Same but different.

Nah...I think that would be considered San Francisco rules. Not interested in that.

We were actually playing TX rules in Spain on the base golf course....6 of us total. It was a Saturday, and the base Capt and Spanish Admiral were playing right behind us (and we didn't know it at the time). The base Capt actually sped his cart up on one of the holes when a shipmate has his pants down to his ankles. The base Capt actually got a good laugh and told us to knock it off. He said that he explained what we were doing to the Spanish Admiral, and the Admiral was laughing until his ribs hurt.

I think we got pretty lucky there. If the Spanish Admiral wouldn't have gotten a good laugh out of it, we would have been picking up trash around the base for 45 days.

I put the golf outing on the preliminary calendar I'm working on. Which day are you planning for, SeanD?

How's the quality of the clubs? Do you know? I'd also hate to ship my expensive ones out there... I fear they'll get lost or broken (or stolen). I'm always up for golf though! Seriously... I'm in.

I wouldn't mind golfing either....but like tennis, i'm more of a play for the giggles of it than play for competition, so if it's more bout competition, consider me out...simply because i suck at golf...took lessons but never applied said lessons.

Also, don't forget that if the golfing is going to be more competion type, then we could have certain holes that are "games" with "prizes"....We did that with my company golf outing and it did make it a lot more fun, more challenging and rewarding.

Looks like if anyone's interested in golf AND the hike, there might be a schedule conflict.

Golf would be fun. Big or Mini :)

I'm terrible, but I like to chase that little ball around the course. So we don't have to worry about 'competition,' we could play a 'team scramble.'

Also, does the proshop have enough clubs for everyone??? Assuming they require all players to have their own set.

They do have mini golf I believe at Scandia. Im not sure if its still open though. Matt, the rental clubs at Callaway are decent. Im not that great at golf either. Its just a nice little release and the weather should be perfect for it. Callaway is a small 9 hole par 3 course right next to LAS.

One of my goals for the summer was to learn to play golf with a friend, now I kinda wish I would have followed through with that. :)

AND...you still can! go on this golf outing and i'm sure the guys will teach you everything you need to know!

who says newbie's can't join?

Back