NJC 2018 Date Announcement

Quick question is this going to be a more formal gathering or a let’s network at a craps table?

If it’s network at craps I call dibs on the dice! :D

I dont want to speak for @Derg as he's bouncing around Japan but I will.... ;-) It has been the later for the past several years. The formal costs are too much to absorb for dergless....

No, it’s not a career fair, it’s a networking event. You just meet up with other people from here and hang out. It’s a good time, nothing formal.

I have attended off and on since 2004 at the Hawthorne double-wide and have to say the less formal events have been far better. You get many of the same people but not so much of the “I need or want a job” grinding....If one is not as comfortable with the ‘network’ aspect, this is a much better method. The ‘aviation-career’ aspect passed me by a long time ago and I still attend when possible. Great group of people that have become more than just names on a computer screen. You won’t find a better group of people that will go out of their way to help one another....

No, it’s not a career fair, it’s a networking event. You just meet up with other people from here and hang out. It’s a good time, nothing formal.

I have attended off and on since 2004 at the Hawthorne double-wide and have to say the less formal events have been far better. You get many of the same people but not so much of the “I need or want a job” grinding....If one is not as comfortable with the ‘network’ aspect, this is a much better method. The ‘aviation-career’ aspect passed me by a long time ago and I still attend when possible. Great group of people that have become more than just names on a computer screen. You won’t find a better group of people that will go out of their way to help one another....

Actually @JEP you’re not past if you wanted too. I was hired at 50! Heard there are some 55-56 in class at a few regionals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually @JEP you’re not past if you wanted too. I was hired at 50! Heard there are some 55-56 in class at a few regionals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How long have you been at SkyW ? What was your W2 ? At this point I cannot afford to go backwards at this point in my life. 2 in college and it would take far too long to get back to my 'current' wage. I.T. been very very good to me.....

Well it seems like I make an appearance at this every 4 years. 2010, 2014, so guess I'm due for 2018. Luckily I have nothing planned that weekend!

There might also be liquid involved. This is at the Cosmo right?

Last edited:
Well it seems like I make an appearance at this every 4 years. 2010, 2014, so guess I'm due for 2018. Luckily I have nothing planned that weekend!

Agree! I went to the 2014 event and had a blast. I think I remember you but we were drunk, my guess. Right now, I'm flying out to Baton Rogue, LA the weekend before for the Georgia Bulldogs vs. LSU game so that trip will be nearly $1000 and we're flying in a C172 from Florida. Maybe someone can bum me some AAdvantage miles. Cough cough!

Is there typically a hotel you all stay at or find anywhere and meet up later type of thing?

Back