Next Up in the RLA Conga Line

Actual real OGs here of the major airline biz, who have seen and experienced some real crap and have walked and held the actual line, like ALifeAloft, chuckle at the kids throwing shade at one another here. :)

Just so we are all on the same page. I had real concerns with the AS contract and expressed them early on. Hence my use of the term OG. I didn't mean for that to trigger the 2 or 3 contract/union trolls who seem to live here. But there you go.

Edit... nevermind.

Nah man go on. 4 years of volunteering for P2P and Mentorship. When do I get to express my opinion? How many years until I reach wizard level?

Also do my years of being abused by various Union pilots on furlough when I flew 135 count toward the experience level requirement to express my opinions?

1677866464369.jpeg

Just so we are all on the same page. I had real concerns with the AS contract and expressed them early on. Hence my use of the term OG. I didn't mean for that to trigger the 2 or 3 contract/union trolls who seem to live here. But there you go.

I was just trying to bring some levity here to quell any potential fires. :)

Nah man go on. 4 years of volunteering for P2P and Mentorship. When do I get to express my opinion? How many years until I reach wizard level?

Also do my years of being abused by various Union pilots on furlough when I flew 135 count toward the experience level requirement to express my opinions?

When you've been through a contract negotiation or two. When you've seen an up and down cycle in the 121 industry.

And no. You getting abused by other pilots, which seems like a rather common event for you, former union or not, has zero bearing on your understanding of the RLA process.

Bro, four years of P2P (basically the lowest possible rung on the union volunteer ladder) is not even in the same ballpark as the Duck. That guy has almost as much union experience as I do (maybe even more now, haven’t counted) and there aren’t many people on earth with that much. Most people do a term or two and burn out. People who do decades of union work are rare, but you’re trying to measure your peen with someone who has.

Bro, four years of P2P (basically the lowest possible rung on the union volunteer ladder) is not even in the same ballpark as the Duck. That guy has almost as much union experience as I do (maybe even more now, haven’t counted) and there aren’t many people on earth with that much. Most people do a term or two and burn out. People who do decades of union work are rare, but you’re trying to measure your peen with someone who has.

You may want to try the reading comprehension thing. The question was: "when can I have an opinion?" There is always someone out there who has done more, has more money, has a bigger house. That wasn't what I was discussing.

Anyways...

It's great to know that my Union overlords think I am not deserving of an opinion after 5 years of paying dues and volunteering. It checks out perfectly with my experience so far.

You may want to try the reading comprehension thing. The question was: "when can I have an opinion?" There is always someone out there who has done more, has more money, has a bigger house. That wasn't what I was discussing.

Anyways...

It's great to know that my Union overlords think I am not deserving of an opinion after 5 years of paying dues and volunteering. It checks out perfectly with my experience so far.

Everyone can have an opinion, it’s just a matter of whether that opinion has meaningful value.

Anyways...

Everyone can have an opinion, it’s just a matter of whether that opinion has meaningful value.

Interesting that it applies to airline union topics, but not to the black experience, eh @derg?

Do I get an opinion or just the scream-down on how I'm supposed to feel? :)

Back