News Flash: New announcement opening July 17 ending July 31

Re: News Flash: New announcement opening July 17 ending July

Not you again :crazy:

I'm not saying college prepared me for this... I wanted to put it out there that not every college student is a "typical" college student. I worked hard throughout college (I didn't work so hard on that AT-SAT we discussed...) and I just didn't want to be put into this group of lazy, party-going, leeching college students/graduates.

P.S. Saying I could do better than someone who got a 70 on the test is doing the exact thing I'm trying to stop from happening here :)

Ohhhhh...I seee. You are a defender of rights! Mild Mannered Controller wannabe by day, superheor by night! Well, someones gotta do it. Have fun:buck:

Ohhhhh...I seee. You are a defender of rights! Mild Mannered Controller wannabe by day, superheor by night! Well, someones gotta do it. Have fun:buck:

Hmmm superhero, eh? Do I get a cape?

I'm done defending... you have both been worthy opponents :panic:

lolzy1.jpg

Oh, wait...you have a degree.

I just don't know what world you all live in, that you were able to live for 8-9 years (from the age of 14 legal working age here) without even getting a small job during the summer stocking books or something. I wish I was spoiled like that.

I'm finishing up at a tier one university, and still don't think that it held a candle to even a summer's worth of supporting myself. Writing a strong paper, and eating that week are completely different.

You can't be serious.

Semester or Quarter credits. I think there is a difference

lolzy1.jpg

Oh, wait...you have a degree.

I just don't know what world you all live in, that you were able to live for 8-9 years (from the age of 14 legal working age here) without even getting a small job during the summer stocking books or something. I wish I was spoiled like that.

I'm finishing up at a tier one university, and still don't think that it held a candle to even a summer's worth of supporting myself. Writing a strong paper, and eating that week are completely different.
I didn't talk about the jobs I've had since I was 15, or the eight years in the Army Reserve, with a year in Baghdad, because it isn't relevant. I'm saying that college is hard work, and the same dedication is required to get a degree as it is to support yourself in the job market for the same period of time.

This is a great gift for my 27th birthday...the opportunity to reapply.

How many FEBOTS are joining me? Now I get to pick my true geographic preference.

I sent of my application for the OTS announcement that closed May 2, and just took the AT-SAT. Am I supposed to keep reapplying for all these new announcements?

This is a great gift for my 27th birthday...the opportunity to reapply.

How many FEBOTS are joining me? Now I get to pick my true geographic preference.

As opposed to your fake one?

Seems like too much fun to miss out on this "discussion", so i will chime in. I personally believe that neither a college education nor work experience automatically overide the other. i think that each and every person is built the way they are, and just by adding a college degree behind there name doesn't make them any smarter, they just have a higher knowledge about specific things that they learned in college. Their ability to learn has not changed from the day they first walked through the college doors. The ability to learn is what determines how smart a person is, nothing else, not a degree, and not work experience. i have been working since i was legally able, and maybe even a little before(14), and have just now managed to get two semesters of college done while working full time+overtime. So from my experience, they were both equally as valuable in teaching me the task at hand. So to give an example a doctor isn't any smarter than any of us, but were just willing to put the 10+ years in to learn that specific information. So after all this rambling, what i am trying to say is, no matter what our background, we will not know who is actually more qualified until we begin our training in OKC, and thereafter. So our ability to learn is what will play the major factor, nothing else.

I sent of my application for the OTS announcement that closed May 2, and just took the AT-SAT. Am I supposed to keep reapplying for all these new announcements?
no one knows for sure, but it can't hurt.

Seems like too much fun to miss out on this "discussion", so i will chime in. I personally believe that neither a college education nor work experience automatically overide the other. i think that each and every person is built the way they are, and just by adding a college degree behind there name doesn't make them any smarter, they just have a higher knowledge about specific things that they learned in college. Their ability to learn has not changed from the day they first walked through the college doors. The ability to learn is what determines how smart a person is, nothing else, not a degree, and not work experience. i have been working since i was legally able, and maybe even a little before(14), and have just now managed to get two semesters of college done while working full time+overtime. So from my experience, they were both equally as valuable in teaching me the task at hand. So to give an example a doctor isn't any smarter than any of us, but were just willing to put the 10+ years in to learn that specific information. So after all this rambling, what i am trying to say is, no matter what our background, we will not know who is actually more qualified until we begin our training in OKC, and thereafter. So our ability to learn is what will play the major factor, nothing else.

:yeahthat:

We do "know for sure". The FAA careers office actually recommended it to me, and several others on here who asked.

So when you reapply do you just hit the submit button again, or do you start from scratch?

I always have to fill out a few of the pages again and then submit, i do not know if this is the case for everyone.

I always have to fill out a few of the pages again and then submit, i do not know if this is the case for everyone.

:yeahthat: You'll have to fill out a new application, which is identical to the first one you submitted so it shouldn't be too difficult or time consuming...

Back