Need a Loc back course App

poser765

Hate to spring it like this...but i am really trying to find a LOC BC app to shoot in the sim with a student who requested it. Don't have much time i'm afraid...so if anyone knows one off the top of their head you win the day!

Bonus prize if you know of a BC that is used to define a waypoint on an airway

KORL LOC Backcourse 25 at Orlando Executive.

Watch out for the mandatory altitudes at 1,500' and 1,100'.

KDAB LOC Backcourse 25R at Daytona Beach.

KMLB LOC Backcourse 27L at Melbourne.

My favorite is the LOC/DME BC-B into Medford Oregon MFR. It is a fairly hard approach to do, Especially if you don't see the runway till late the VDP is pretty crazy if you figure it.

My favorite is the LOC/DME BC-B into Medford Oregon MFR. It is a fairly hard approach to do, Especially if you don't see the runway till late the VDP is pretty crazy if you figure it.

You must be configured and on speed by FAF (ASHIE) and ready to descend in IFR or you are behind the ball, for reals!

If you want some extra time in an arc to the back course, try RDD (Redding California) I think it's to RW16 andyou have plenty of time to work the arc but must do a freq change as you transition to the loc (the dme is off the VOR) additionally, the feeder to the arc is at a 60 degree angle, so you must think ahead about that as well.

Have fun and we're all counting on you!

Back