MSP Turns

So you guys don't have any amount of guaranteed (inviolate) days off in a month's reserve bidding?

Yeah, we get 10 days off. They tend to call to JM me on at least two of those. I just don't answer the phone. The past two months, I've used my extension refusals to keep them from extending me into days off as well.

RR overnight, oh boy. . .

So you fly out on day one to RDU, spend the night, DH to IND to sit for 9 hours? And, if they don't reassign you, then you fly the next days legs huh?

Sorry, RR = reduced rest instead of ready reserve. I'm operating RDU-IND, then it's a 9 hour reduced rest overnight followed by 5 legs.

I sure as hell hope we don't fall for that type of PBS. I mean, if you like it, or anyone likes it, that's great. . .but that's going to get a lot of people a little pissed off here pretty quick.

Oh, we didn't want this turkey to go live. There's still way too little control we have over it, ESPECIALLY on RSV. Doesn't matter if you're the bottom of the RSV pile or sitting on top. Every RSV has the potentially to be abused just as much as the next guy since scheduling isn't required to award flying, ready reserve, home reserve or even escalate home reserves to ready reserve in any kind of seniority order. The contract doesn't require them to since it was written under paper bidding rules. Now that PBS has hit, we don't have any kind of protection anymore. Before, you bid a RSV line knowing what days off you were going to get, when you were gonna be ready reserve, etc. Now, PBS says "You got a RSV line. Here are your days off" and scheduling builds the rest however they want. The sad thing is, I know a lot of the senior guys here would throw us RSV guys under the bus on some of the work rules if the opportunity arose. We get the 'Oh, stop complaining. All you do is surf the internet and talk to the FAs for 9 hours on ready reserve anyway.' Ironically, these are the same people that will complain about how inefficient their schedule is b/c they have a 3 hour sit somewhere and could be losing a day off here or there.

I'm headed up to DLH for the second time in a week.

Looks like I won't need a jacket again.

:sarcasm:

I'm headed up to DLH for the second time in a week.

Looks like I won't need a jacket again.

:sarcasm:

Man, first time I went to that airport it was night time and in the winter, so there was steam coming out the top of the terminal. My first thought was "OMG! It looks like the atmosphere processing station from Aliens!" I think it's the HUGE lights on it.

Back