SW at COS

We have that, for heavy snow. Or for an area in the chart that falls under "No HOT exists, must [do the thing you referenced]"

Are you guys sure we're talking about FZFG? And not FZRA or FZDZ?

I've never heard of a major 121 not being able to depart in FZFG, as long as it's within Type IV and prevailing visibility charts. (eg, no heavy snow w/ FZFG)
You guys have your first Max yet? The Leap engine doesn’t love freezing fog. Check out these fan blades after landing in FZFG.

IMG_1894.jpeg

I thought we were a total nogo, but the manual says No FZFG below -15C. Aren't clouds technically fog?

You guys have your first Max yet? The Leap engine doesn’t love freezing fog. Check out these fan blades after landing in FZFG.

View attachment 75426
Interesting. I had that happen once on an A320neo in Denver but I assumed it had more to do with Denver than with which model I was flying that day.

Also interesting because the LEAP run up interval is way longer and the dwell time less than the CFM56.

Yeah we have a bunch of MAXes.

Ice shedding procedure isn’t just for taxi out, it’s also for taxi in if that’s long enough.

That actually doesn’t look too bad. :)
Wasn’t mine. Buddy is texting it around reminding us to check on the postflight in case we need hot air to defrost them. Could take a while at the gate.

Turns out we have more MAXs than parking spots in SEA. Best thing is rolling into the alley behind not one, but two of them, pushing back and starting up, when you are already 10 mins late because the gate wasn't ready. This is the go home leg I'm speaking of. If you're lucky, you have the Eeyore ramp controller though, who is always entertaining, and mildly calming to listen to

Back