MSP Turns

JEP

Does It Really Matter....?
Staff member
To all our friends doing a MSP turn today....

KMSP 260520Z 2606/2712 27003KT P6SM BKN250
FM261200 04008KT P6SM SCT025 OVC050
FM261700 04013KT 3/4SM -SN BR BKN007 OVC012
TEMPO 2617/2618 1/2SM SN OVC007
FM261800 04014KT 1/2SM SN SCT002 BKN005 OVC010
TEMPO 2618/2621 1/4SM +SN VV002
FM262100 01016G26KT 2SM -SN BLSN BKN005 OVC010
TEMPO 2621/2624 1SM BLSN SCT010 OVC015
FM270100 01018G28KT 3SM -SN BLSN BKN007 OVC015
FM270300 01018G26KT 4SM BLSN OVC015
FM270600 35016G24KT 5SM BLSN OVC025

:hiya:

Gonna be an interesting drive home tonight. :panic:

Just when I was starting to enjoy the sight of more ground and less snow. Although, it is High School tournament time. So we are bound to get at least one storm.

Ugh. I got called last night to pick the ANE-FSD-ANE run tonight because of the weather.

Luckily I should be leaving after the worst of it, although the drive to the airport should be interesting.

Only three more months until thunderstorm season. :)

Yay. I actually got a trip out of MEM for the next three days! :) Only my second MEM trip of the month, too.

MEM-RDU
RDU-IND
IND-MEM-HSV-MEM-CMH-MEM

Hopefully, I'll be able to avoid the snowy stuff in CMH. Everything else should be okay.

Yay. I actually got a trip out of MEM for the next three days! :) Only my second MEM trip of the month, too.

MEM-RDU
RDU-IND
IND-MEM-HSV-MEM-CMH-MEM

Hopefully, I'll be able to avoid the snowy stuff in CMH. Everything else should be okay.

We don't have any snow on the radar in CMH for the next 4-5 days...at least I hope so as I need to commute in tomorrow.

Nice front loading of the trips. . .

Wait, you guys on PBS?

Yeah, but as a RSV I get no say. Not even "little" say. Straight up nothing, apparently. Seems I don't have the seniority to get one specific Friday or one specific Sunday off in March. It would also seem that I don't have the seniority to even hold PM home RSV. That was my first choice, and I wound up with ONE. The rest are a mis-match collection of AM RSV or RR, most of which are the 9 hour variety.

As for front loading....that just seems to be the trend. Even when I was a line holding FO, I'd routinely have the worst day of the trip as the last day. Often it was after a RR overnight. They don't have to worry about comp rest if you're off after the day finishes. Come to think of it, that 5 leg day on Sat is after a RR overnight in IND.

Re: MSP Turns - A Winter Wonderland

yeah....everyone in the company is placing rush demands on us here in the command center so they can go home early, yet we get to stay:

[FONT=Monospace,Courier]KMSP 261853Z 05010KT 1/8SM R30L/1200V1600FT +SN FZFG VV003 M04/M06 A2988 RMK AO2 SLP132 SNINCR 1/2 P0003 T10391056

pick a camera:

http://www.dot.state.mn.us/tmc/trafficinfo/metrocams/mapindex.html
[/FONT]

Re: MSP Turns - A Winter Wonderland

Nice. I should call SOC right now just to hear the meltdown as they deal with diversions.....

Blimey. I can't see down the block.

So, everybody is flying circles at SHONN and TWOLF for a while eh?

Blimey. I can't see down the block.

So, everybody is flying circles at SHONN and TWOLF for a while eh?

I wouldn't be. I'd be sitting on the ground at my alternate. It's not like it's going to let up soon. 1/8 mile vis means we can't land anyway. If it's not forecast to improve, why hold? Heck, why TAKE OFF? :)

I don't think I'm going to be able to handle this. Look at all that sunshine!

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td>10-Day Forecast

</td> <td align="right" valign="middle"> <!-- Ten Day Forecast --> <style> .promoLinkA,.promoLinkA:link,.promoLinkA:active,.promoLinkA:visited{font-size:11px;color:#ffffff;text-decoration:none;} </style> <script language="javascript"><!-- var promos = new Array(); promos[promos.length?promos.length:0] = 'NEW: Larger Radar Maps & No Ads'; var _t = promos[parseInt(Math.random()*promos.length)]; document.write('
'); document.write(_t); document.write('​
'); // --> </script> </td> </tr> </tbody></table> <!-- if printable page, use code below --> <!-- endif --> <!-- begin loop --> <table id="f2" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr bgcolor="#f1f4f5"> <td colspan="3">
blank.gif
</td> <td class="blkVerdanaText10" align="center" valign="middle" width="100%">High /
Low (°F)
</td> <td class="blkVerdanaText10" align="center" valign="middle" width="100%">Precip. %</td> <td>
blank.gif
</td> </tr> <tr> <td width="15%">Tonight
Feb 26</td> <td width="10%">
31.gif
</td> <td width="35%">Clear</td> <td align="center" width="25%">62°</td> <td align="center" width="15%">0 %</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="f2a">
Fri
Feb 27</td> <td class="f2a">
32.gif
</td> <td class="f2a">Sunny</td> <td class="f2a" align="center">80°/63°</td> <td class="f2a" align="center">0 %</td> </tr> <tr> <td>
Sat
Feb 28</td> <td>
34.gif
</td> <td>Mostly Sunny</td> <td align="center">82°/63°</td> <td align="center">0 %</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="f2a">
Sun
Mar 01</td> <td class="f2a">
38.gif
</td> <td class="f2a">Scattered T-Storms</td> <td class="f2a" align="center">76°/50°</td> <td class="f2a" align="center">40 %</td> </tr> <tr> <td>
Mon
Mar 02</td> <td>
30.gif
</td> <td>Partly Cloudy</td> <td align="center">72°/53°</td> <td align="center">10 %</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="f2a">
Tue
Mar 03</td> <td class="f2a">
34.gif
</td> <td class="f2a">Mostly Sunny</td> <td class="f2a" align="center">76°/55°</td> <td class="f2a" align="center">10 %</td> </tr> <tr> <td>
Wed
Mar 04</td> <td>
32.gif
</td> <td>Sunny</td> <td align="center">78°/58°</td> <td align="center">0 %</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="f2a">
Thu
Mar 05</td> <td class="f2a">
32.gif
</td> <td class="f2a">Sunny</td> <td class="f2a" align="center">78°/60°</td> <td class="f2a" align="center">0 %</td> </tr> <tr> <td>
Fri
Mar 06</td> <td>
32.gif
</td> <td>Sunny</td> <td align="center">78°/61°</td> <td align="center">0 %</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="f2a">
Sat
Mar 07</td> <td class="f2a">
32.gif
</td> <td class="f2a">Sunny</td> <td class="f2a" align="center">78°/62°</td> <td class="f2a" align="center">0 %</td></tr></tbody></table>
Looks like I'm going to be wearing long sleeves for a few nights. :banghead:

I wouldn't be. I'd be sitting on the ground at my alternate. It's not like it's going to let up soon. 1/8 mile vis means we can't land anyway. If it's not forecast to improve, why hold? Heck, why TAKE OFF? :)

Pessimist. :)

I agree totally.

I'm hoping it stays horrible so I can go to bed instead of spending a night messing around with snowstorms.

Yeah, but as a RSV I get no say. Not even "little" say. Straight up nothing, apparently. Seems I don't have the seniority to get one specific Friday or one specific Sunday off in March. It would also seem that I don't have the seniority to even hold PM home RSV. That was my first choice, and I wound up with ONE. The rest are a mis-match collection of AM RSV or RR, most of which are the 9 hour variety.

As for front loading....that just seems to be the trend. Even when I was a line holding FO, I'd routinely have the worst day of the trip as the last day. Often it was after a RR overnight. They don't have to worry about comp rest if you're off after the day finishes. Come to think of it, that 5 leg day on Sat is after a RR overnight in IND.

So you guys don't have any amount of guaranteed (inviolate) days off in a month's reserve bidding?

Man, what a raw deal. I have to admit I was fairly pleased with the reserve system, largely due to our ability to bid on series of three and four day periods off during a month AND bidding on which out of the 6 on-call periods we wanted.

RR overnight, oh boy. . .

So you fly out on day one to RDU, spend the night, DH to IND to sit for 9 hours? And, if they don't reassign you, then you fly the next days legs huh?

I sure as hell hope we don't fall for that type of PBS. I mean, if you like it, or anyone likes it, that's great. . .but that's going to get a lot of people a little pissed off here pretty quick.

im not ashamed ask but, what does all this mean? i dont quite understand the terminology either .:confused:

It showing winds, snow, and low visiblilty.

I'll be there eeeaaarrrly saturday morning around 3am. Its a quick turn though. Hopefully there will be no deice required!

I don't think I'm going to be able to handle this. Look at all that sunshine!

Looks like I'm going to be wearing long sleeves for a few nights. :banghead:

Amen to that my Floridian brother. It's been cold in Gainesville the past month or so :p.

Seriously though, the MSP weather was nasty. We're up in Peoria, IL waiting on the heart team to get back from the hospital. We were originally supposed to leave GNV at 13:30 eastern but beacuse of the weather and other logistical issues didn't leave until 16:30. Just another day at the office.

Back