Most unsportmanlike conduct in 2017

What a dick move. Kelly would have obviously ridden that curl out. How in the hell did Medina not get hit with interference is beyond me. He was allowed to take-off, but then he turned and headed straight for Kelly and blocked him from continuing his ride. Medina wasn't even surfing the wave and had no intention to, he was just being an a hole. That can be clearly seen even in the other video angles. Even those new to surfing would never make a drop in like that on some other surfer. Really unsportsmanlike and unnecessary. If that is what he wants to build his reputation on, then he's really a pathetic competitor. Shows no respect for Kelly who is an 11 time World Champion either.

What a dick move. Kelly would have obviously ridden that curl out. How in the hell did Medina not get hit with interference is beyond me. He was allowed to take-off, but then he turned and headed straight for Kelly and blocked him from continuing his ride. Medina wasn't even surfing the wave and had no intention to, he was just being an a hole. That can be clearly seen even in the other video angles. Even those new to surfing would never make a drop in like that on some other surfer. Really unsportsmanlike and unnecessary. If that is what he wants to build his reputation on, then he's really a pathetic competitor. Shows no respect for Kelly who is an 11 time World Champion either.

Medina had priority, but i’ve never seen that late of a drop by someone with priority. The other part is Kelly was comboed so even if he got a 10 on that ride he would have needed another score of 8 to over take Medina. Not likely in those conditions with less than 10 minutes remaining.

Medina had priority, but i’ve never seen that late of a drop by someone with priority. The other part is Kelly was comboed so even if he got a 10 on that ride he would have needed another score of 8 to over take Medina. Not likely in those conditions with less than 10 minutes remaining.
It was not Kelly's day for sure and I was actually surprised at how far behind he was. I just contend from the different views that Medina was not even attempting to surf that wave, especially when he turned directly into Kelly to block him. He was so far ahead in points, there wasn't much time remaining, and the fact that he chose such a dickhead move is what I find loathsome. There was no real reason for him to do that except to give Kelly the finger. That is not the way to find yourself respected or liked either.

Every time I see that video, I laugh my ass off. He was surfing the wedge out in Newport and the local Fox reporter was out there because of how high the waves were as we were experiencing a Pineapple Express at the time.

Last edited:
It was not Kelly's day for sure and I was actually surprised at how far behind he was. I just contend from the different views that Medina was not even attempting to surf that wave, especially when he turned directly into Kelly to block him. He was so far ahead in points, there wasn't much time remaining, and the fact that he chose such a dickhead move is what I find loathsome. There was no real reason for him to do that except to give Kelly the finger. That is not the way to find yourself respected or liked either.

I agree completely. Karma has a way of catching up with someone like that.

As a Pats fan I'm gonna go with Gronks uncharacteristic assault on a lineman on the ground, then he apologized and started blaming the refs for his behavior. Bad Gronk. Bad!

#NFLisLife

Every time I see that video, I laugh my ass off. He was surfing the wedge out in Newport and the local Fox reporter was out there because of how high the waves were as we were experiencing a Pineapple Express at the time.
Every time i see it i think of Brent.

Back