More Piedmont Phoenix Base Rumors

JaceTheAce

This may be rumot... but according to someone who has reliable info from a good source, Piedmont may be announcing a Phoenix base two or three months into 2009. What I heard seemed to be a bit more promising from all the other rumors. Stay tuned. We shall see what happens!

...not to mention the subtle hints coming directly from management...

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

If you want it bad enough....all rumors sound good!! We're hearing the same ones over here...

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

If you want it bad enough....all rumors sound good!! We're hearing the same ones over here...

hmmm, is PDT banking on Mesa going under??? It seems like that is the only way that will happen.
Aviation is full of rumors, I will believe it when i see it.

BTW when are the Q400s coming??

hmmm, is PDT banking on Mesa going under??? It seems like that is the only way that will happen.
Aviation is full of rumors, I will believe it when i see it.

BTW when are the Q400s coming??

Rumors are everywhere...without them, where's the excitement?? They dominate..especially at the regional level.

Well, it would fun to dreaming about PHX base. It is day time soap opera. ;) I might commute to PHX to see my aviation "God and Godess" - Taylors. :D

However, it would be good for Jace and other commuting from West Coast to LGA. :)

Don't count on a PHX base. I think mainline would like to see us do it but there are huge roadblocks that they are just not willing to deal with at present. For one thing we don't have the airplanes. So they would have to get us more, and they are not going to spend a dime on TP acquisitions right now, maybe in a year or two but certainly not in 09". The other issue apart from the fact that Mesa has a contract that mainline just has no stomach to sue over right now is competition. Horizon is burning up the TP market out west. And even 200's cannot keep up with them. Dash 8 destinations that Airways serves out west are being closed everytime Horizon starts to fly there. The market for USA out west as far as TP flying goes is drying up fast. The only way to re-vitallize it would be for us to get Q400's. And that got it's own set of issues. Scope being the biggest and most costly to overcome. I think this will happen...but not next year. Sorry Jace.

What we need to be conceraned with right now is inevvitable furlough. We have 92 F/O's on reserve company wide. I'll be optimistic and say they are averaging 20 hours a month. 52 hours paid but not flown times first year pay roughly equates to $129,000 per month in unproductive F/O salaries. That's about 1.5 million a year. How long do you really think it will be before mainline tells SF enough is enough...furlough now!

Don't count on a PHX base. I think mainline would like to see us do it but there are huge roadblocks that they are just not willing to deal with at present. For one thing we don't have the airplanes. So they would have to get us more, and they are not going to spend a dime on TP acquisitions right now, maybe in a year or two but certainly not in 09". The other issue apart from the fact that Mesa has a contract that mainline just has no stomach to sue over right now is competition. Horizon is burning up the TP market out west. And even 200's cannot keep up with them. Dash 8 destinations that Airways serves out west are being closed everytime Horizon starts to fly there. The market for USA out west as far as TP flying goes is drying up fast. The only way to re-vitallize it would be for us to get Q400's. And that got it's own set of issues. Scope being the biggest and most costly to overcome. I think this will happen...but not next year. Sorry Jace.

What we need to be conceraned with right now is inevvitable furlough. We have 92 F/O's on reserve company wide. I'll be optimistic and say they are averaging 20 hours a month. 52 hours paid but not flown times first year pay roughly equates to $129,000 per month in unproductive F/O salaries. That's about 1.5 million a year. How long do you really think it will be before mainline tells SF enough is enough...furlough now!

92 reserve? ummm cut that in half maybe? =) unless u added all the capt's too.

No way can you guys have 92 RSV FO's. You only have about 500 pilots. Are you trying to tell me almost 20% of your pilots are RSV FO's.

Here's the facts by base

Base/ #of December Bid Lines / Number of FO's in base /Base F/O reserves

CHO 18 29 11
EWN 14 24 13
LGA 28 43 15
MDT 31 50 19
ROA 29 51 22
SBY 27 42 15

I'll be damned..your right...there is no way it's 92...it's actually 95.

We currently have 495 pilots...albeit some on leave...but roughly yes...about 20% of our pilot group are res. F/O's You add in the C/A's sitting around getting paid for not working were talking about a helluva lot of coin....

All rumors are indeed rumors - just gossip and information that may or may not be true! :)

Well, it would fun to dreaming about PHX base. It is day time soap opera. ;) I might commute to PHX to see my aviation "God and Godess" - Taylors. :D

However, it would be good for Jace and other commuting from West Coast to LGA. :)

The SAN to LGA commute is rough indeed. I've been doing it for over a year now. There are some places that are worth commuting across country - San Diego is one of them.

Weah weah weah weaaaaaaaaaah - hehe.

Hey thanks for letting me take your flight - it gave me an extra 2.5 hours of pay. :) Did it allow you to get home sooner?

They don't have to get more planes in order for us to fly out west, all they have to do is do what they have been doing for 10years...shrink what we have already on the property out east and send 7-8 planes to phx.

They don't have to get more planes in order for us to fly out west, all they have to do is do what they have been doing for 10years...shrink what we have already on the property out east and send 7-8 planes to phx.

Isn't that all that is needed for PHX? Around 10 aircraft? Yuma AZ, Palm Springs CA, Grand Junction CO, Flagstaff AZ, Gauymas MX, Hermosillo MX, and Durango CO I believe are all the PHX Dash flying.

Jace..your welcome and thank you !! I got home that night no problem thanks to you and Comair!

On topic...We can't just pull airplanes from our current schedule. We don't have the spares. What would you suggest, we just dump 10 airplanes worth of flying at PDT East to start PDT West? I doubt you'll find Mr. Farrow agreeable with that nor his bosses at mainline for that matter.

Well considering PDT/ALG had well over twice the planes we currently have at the time of their merger, I can't believe anything is off the table. And yes, That is all they need out there. I believe mesa has about 10 dhc's out west. Would it suck to lose 10 planes from out here? Absolutely. This airline has never grown, it has only shrunk. Why should that change now? And we all know Farrow makes none of decisions regarding this airline, all the orders come from Tempe.

...Also, I am an East Coast person. I have no interest in losing any airplanes, I am simply saying that you can't put anything past this company.

Only the fact that it makes no sense on any level to do that...Mainline marketing is not going to create that conundrum. Just ain't gonna happen...Then who covers the flying back east we throw away for PHX? Colgan? AWAC? Not...You don't create a coverage hole just to take flying already covered by someone else. Not even PDT management is that stupid.

No, without additional airplanes PDT will not be heading west...Now that being said...I suppose it's not beyond the realm of the possible that the very reason we have not furloughed is because we are getting PHX with new airplanes and need all those reserves to cover the flying...Possible, but I'm not holding my breath.

No, without additional airplanes PDT will not be heading west...Now that being said...I suppose it's not beyond the realm of the possible that the very reason we have not furloughed is because we are getting PHX with new airplanes and need all those reserves to cover the flying...Possible, but I'm not holding my breath.

Just so you know RAH/PSA would be perfectly fine covering east coast flying if PDT went out west. PSA isnt nearly using their planes like they were before, nor is AWAC/RAH. Needless to say PDT would not be pissed on the east coast if any rumor were true about moving west. There'd be airlines that could EASILY cover that flying and have pilots ready in a hurry to cover that flying.

Back