More Piedmont Phoenix Base Rumors

I love this...JC has got to be the biggest nest of hypocrites on the internet. You guys gang up on someone because they said something you don't like...then tomorrow you post something that offends someone else.....It's just pure entertainment....I love the holier then thou attitude <edited>....At least I can admit I'm an opinionated bitch.....how many of you will ever fess up to be the occasional arrogant AH that I've seen all of you post as on occasion. Never I imagine....

RSG: I think your new avatar is influencing you! With this new hard rock avatar you've gotten more hard and unrelenting compared to manga-girl avatar RSG.

Dash bonding can be tighter than a midget's fist, ya know.

CaptChris, I'm sorry you met a DB firsthand. Every airline has them, and at least it seems he apologized after his mental tune up.

The PHX base has been ancient news since Moses was skipping across the floor of the Red Sea. One thing Piedmonsters must MUST muh-muh-muh-MUST remember is that it comes at a price- if it happens, somebody isn't working there anymore. Imagine seeing a Colgan crew checking in at SBY... Nobody is safe, nobody is special, we're just numbered cattle moving ticketed cattle at a specific price point.

Gas be spendy indeed- but shiny new planes be spendier still. I think it would require us grabbing new airframes or pulling some of our "stored" ones that mgt refuses to admit exist out of the mothballs. Either proposition (pun!) is expensive, and spendish ain't Parkerish in any scheme.

By the by, the Trader Joe's 2008 Dark Ale on Lees* is pretty much perfect. Old Peculier without the overbite. Probably the perfect beer.

Since it is brewed and stewed at Unibroue, obviously their Fin du Monde, Maudite, and Trois Pistoles rule. And they do.

Finally, Dos Equis Amber is the only one of its kind still made. Deeeelish Austrian brew from Mexico. Perfect.

Or any swill, really. If it's free, make it pee.

*You can't order it yet! I have no idea how it happened, but I got some of it. And it is awesome. Hit the Bullfrog in IPT- they have PERFECT BEER. It'll cost you, but they make it. Try the Barleywine if it is racked.

By the by, the Trader Joe's 2008 Dark Ale on Lees* is pretty much perfect. Old Peculier without the overbite. Probably the perfect beer.

*You can't order it yet! I have no idea how it happened, but I got some of it. And it is awesome. Hit the Bullfrog in IPT- they have PERFECT BEER. It'll cost you, but they make it. Try the Barleywine if it is racked.

<thread hijack>

+1 for the Bullfrog. They have a very, very good stout, and I don't remember it being that much. I'm pretty sure I paid $8 for two pints. I've been hoping for another IPT overnight but I've been stuck in the SE...

Trader Joe's also has an excellent dunkel (dark) hefeweizen. I have several of those in the fridge right now...in fact...me thirsty...

</hijack>

As for PHX, the most recent Ask PDT SF responded to someone's question that mgmt has repeatedly told mainline that "we can do PHX flying". What the heck is that 'spose to mean?

Hit the Bullfrog in IPT- they have PERFECT BEER. It'll cost you, but they make it. Try the Barleywine if it is racked.

I LOVE Bullfrog beers - thankfully we're getting the IPT overnights back. Also, if you haven't, venture off into downtown Burlington and enjoy Vermont microbrews! :rawk: :rawk: :rawk: :rawk:

Duck_Twacy said:
As for PHX, the most recent Ask PDT SF responded to someone's question that mgmt has repeatedly told mainline that "we can do PHX flying". What the heck is that 'spose to mean?
Also, take a look at all the other company forum questions and you'll see that management has been keeping with the "no comment" strategy when asked about the PHX base. It might be hinting that something is in the works.

Look...I'm in a cranky mood....sorry if I went over the top.

The four days a month when you are in this "cranky mood" you should refrain from posting if you can't control what you type.

As for our mgmt... when you are overstaffed, you furlough. Nobody saw oil going to $175. USAirways cut our flying 9%----what are we going to do.... keep everyone and just pay them for not working? No.... To the guys who we have furloughed, they'll be back. Some have already found better jobs (ex: corp. lear 60 co-capt) Unfortunately for them, most of them had just been furloughed from Skyway and this is their second one in a year.

They'll be back, AWAC will be just fine. Our mgmt has pulled some **** on us.... but overall they seem to know what they are doing. Hopefully when you read this you'll find yourself in a better mood.

As for DB--he's been put in his place, and I am sure he won't be doing that again. :)

Hey man, let the moderation team do the hand slapping, mmm'kay?

As for DB--he's been put in his place, and I am sure he won't be doing that again. :)

Just so folks don't start searching for those initials on our list- it was A *DB*, which is "sack of french word for shower," not a specific captain. I know you got the message, but some folks isn't too thinkerin'.

I mean, we're just TP drivers and all...

Bullfrog's is fantastic, last time I was there, SIG, I was with J.H.... I think I told you how that turned out. Anyways, Going back next coming week we shall see...

Back