More Piedmont Phoenix Base Rumors

Just so folks don't start searching for those initials on our list- it was A *DB*, which is "sack of french word for shower," not a specific captain. I know you got the message, but some folks isn't too thinkerin'.

Ahh thanks man... I don't usually edit my posts before I read them and thought the word THE was before DB :) Yes... those are not the initials of the Capt!!!!

I bow to your furloughness.....just brilliant management team over there...what was I thinking.

That's very nice of you there considering I'm one of the ones that was furloughed. Well hopefully you guys won't have to join the furloughing or furloughed list.

Careful on expecting the fuel bill to always be covered.

DCI is going to start paying for their own fuel if they'd like to keep the feed contract.

Gas be spendy 'n stuff.

IMO if mainline expects the contract carriers to pay their own fuel they are going to have to:

1) give pricing power to the contract carrier

2) give the contract carrier the right to terminate routes as it sees fit

3) renegotiate contracts to a higher margin (because the risk is greater)

I'm all for contract carriers paying their own fuel bill but if "daddy" mainline reimburses $50 per pax on a 50 seat jet on a leg that burns $4,000 in fuel they won't be getting that feed for long.

Either way the fuel gets paid, whether by mainline directly or by mainline paying the feeder for the fuel in their contract price and the feeder paying the fuel bill.

CaptChris...Had nothing to do with that...in fact, I'm too old to have those issues anymore....I'm just normally a bitch. I do get four days a month though when I'm nice....trouble is they are totally random and usually involve lots of beer.

IMO if mainline expects the contract carriers to pay their own fuel they are going to have to:

1) give pricing power to the contract carrier

2) give the contract carrier the right to terminate routes as it sees fit

3) renegotiate contracts to a higher margin (because the risk is greater)

I'm all for contract carriers paying their own fuel bill but if "daddy" mainline reimburses $50 per pax on a 50 seat jet on a leg that burns $4,000 in fuel they won't be getting that feed for long.

Either way the fuel gets paid, whether by mainline directly or by mainline paying the feeder for the fuel in their contract price and the feeder paying the fuel bill.

I have noooooo idea. However, one of the mukety muks over at "The Borg" said that DCI carriers will pay for their own fuel in 2009.

CaptChris...Had nothing to do with that...in fact, I'm too old to have those issues anymore....I'm just normally a bitch. I do get four days a month though when I'm nice....trouble is they are totally random and usually involve lots of beer.

Haha OK fair enough!

Back