More Piedmont Phoenix Base Rumors

The other issue of course is performance...Our 100's are just too underpowered to handle the heat of the Southwest in the summer. I'd like to see a dog like 812EX try and take off from Flagstaff in 105 degree heat with even 20 people on board let alone 37...

Just so you know RAH/PSA would be perfectly fine covering east coast flying if PDT went out west. PSA isnt nearly using their planes like they were before, nor is AWAC/RAH. Needless to say PDT would not be pissed on the east coast if any rumor were true about moving west. There'd be airlines that could EASILY cover that flying and have pilots ready in a hurry to cover that flying.

The only issue with that is the routes we would likely drop are far from practical for RJ flying. I hope it does go down like that though..If a hole we left meant getting you guys back to work then it just makes it better for everyone. I don't think RAH has to worry about getting more Airways flying..I'd say their latest cash injection to Airways most likely came with an agreement that gives them exactly that...

I don't think RAH has to worry about getting more Airways flying..I'd say their latest cash injection to Airways most likely came with an agreement that gives them exactly that...

Please keep in mind the $35 mil that AWAC just loaned them as well...guess peeps seem to look at what they want, huh? :rolleyes:

Please keep in mind the $35 mil that AWAC just loaned them as well...guess peeps seem to look at what they want, huh? :rolleyes:

I dont think many were aware of the AWAC money. For some reason that was kind of kept on the down low. Probably because they are asking their group for cuts, and refused certain things to their pilots due to not having the money. Yet they could toss 35 million out pretty easily.

I dont think many were aware of the AWAC money. For some reason that was kind of kept on the down low. Probably because they are asking their group for cuts, and refused certain things to their pilots due to not having the money. Yet they could toss 35 million out pretty easily.

Nope...not many were aware of it. I didn't know AWAC was asked for cuts/concessions. I'd be pissed if I worked there and management went and loaned a crap load of money to mainline..though if it gets them more flying in the long run, who knows...

Hmm, wasn't aware that AWAC was in on that too..I think AWAC screwed themselves by becoming a single customer contract carrier. Keeping all of your eggs in one basket in this mess of an industry is a bad move. I don't know if their contract with USA kept them from servicing other carriers but if that was the case you AWAC guys should hang your managment.

Hmm, wasn't aware that AWAC was in on that too..I think AWAC screwed themselves by becoming a single customer contract carrier. Keeping all of your eggs in one basket in this mess of an industry is a bad move. I don't know if their contract with USA kept them from servicing other carriers but if that was the case you AWAC guys should hang your managment.

Nah, it didn't have anything to do with our contract with US Air that kept us from getting additional flying. A big reason that we couldn't win an RFP was because the owners were looking for a profit margin that wasn't even in the vicinity of what everyone else was doing it for. That and the fact that the pilot group didn't want to take concessions to fly larger airplanes.

Nope...not many were aware of it. I didn't know AWAC was asked for cuts/concessions. I'd be pissed if I worked there and management went and loaned a crap load of money to mainline..though if it gets them more flying in the long run, who knows...

We at AWAC were not asked for cuts/concessions...The only thing mgmt wants to do is renegotiate our 70/90 seat rates. Pilot group tells them every few months to shove it. That's it. Smart businessmen run this company... so I am sure that the terms for the 35 mil loan are VERY favorable to AWAC.

As for Piedmont---I was deadheading on them the other day (-100) and they had to remove six pax for w+b. Capt got in a pissing match in front of the entire cabin with me about how I needed to get off because I am a non-rev. I showed him my pairing/ticket and after about 10 minutes he apologized to me and told me welcome aboard. He was pretty anxious to get me off the plane---old guy, white moustache, and I am hellbent on finding out his name/employee number. Wrote it down and lost. What a joke.

Yeah that is exactly it, some bankruptcy judge tells United to toss us cause we are too expensive. Then the BK judge as part of the reorganization decides to farm the flying out to a bunch of bottom feeders (Mesa, TSA, gojet) and we had 70 CRJ-200's sitting around. Nowhere to put them, invested money in USAirways, made over $100 million when mgmt sold their shares of stock, and here we sit... fee for departure.... making money hand over fist...no fuel bill (Airways foots the bill), a contract through 2015 (now with this 35 mil that gets extended), and racking up ground handling contracts with United (we pretty much run IAD) and NWA. What a bunch of idiots we have running this place. (Sarcasm)
http://ca.news.finance.yahoo.com/s/...lion-loan-air-wisconsin-part-airways-950.html

Careful on expecting the fuel bill to always be covered.

DCI is going to start paying for their own fuel if they'd like to keep the feed contract.

Gas be spendy 'n stuff.

Yeah that is exactly it, some bankruptcy judge tells United to toss us cause we are too expensive. Then the BK judge as part of the reorganization decides to farm the flying out to a bunch of bottom feeders (Mesa, TSA, gojet) and we had 70 CRJ-200's sitting around. Nowhere to put them, invested money in USAirways, made over $100 million when mgmt sold their shares of stock, and here we sit... fee for departure.... making money hand over fist...no fuel bill (Airways foots the bill), a contract through 2015 (now with this 35 mil that gets extended), and racking up ground handling contracts with United (we pretty much run IAD) and NWA. What a bunch of idiots we have running this place. (Sarcasm)
http://ca.news.finance.yahoo.com/s/...lion-loan-air-wisconsin-part-airways-950.html

I bow to your furloughness.....just brilliant management team over there...what was I thinking.

I bow to your furloughness.....just brilliant management team over there...what was I thinking.

Easy there. We're all in this together and you guys (unfortunately) may not be too far behind them on the list of places to toss guys on the street.

I would just like to state that MOST of us at PDT would NEVER throw furlough around as an insult. Ever. Also, MOST of us do not assume to know more about the industry than your average line pilot. But hey, maybe there is someone out there that just knows it all...after all, they would never pull 5 planes out of the east to put out west because they could not cover the east flying, but they could return the 5 planes that are due on leases this year and be fine without them?

Wow, I would never throw furlough in anyone's face....not even a GoJetter. If nothing else, it invites some bad karma your way. But whatever makes you feel better I suppose. :rolleyes:

Oh please...you guys can just spare me the mellow drama here...you think I'm happy AWAC has guys on the street? I was making a point...That AWAC management is not the high and mighty team of unabated brilliance that CaptChris makes them out to be....I don't have to throw furlough in anyone's face without it already being quite present thank you...talk about oversensitive. And I have already made it pretty clear that PDT will in all likelihood have to furlough ourselves...It sucks for everyone...period...but I'm not gonna go cry in the corner becuase someone says the F word...

Back