Mesaba Announces Furloughs....

I just let the guy rant, and then let my supervisor know of his complaint (didn't complain about him, just let the supv. know that nobody was on the ramp, and that nobody was in ops to answer the radio). The FO was a bit rude about it, when all he had to do was pull me aside, and ask me to pass the complaint along. I had the same thing cross my mind, as you said; he was probably having a long day, maybe had been messed over by work, and was getting ready for his last leg.

It is crazy at some of these outstations. You just about have to do everything.

I would have told him to go sit his a$$ down somewhere and walked away

Hahaha, I think this might have been one of my FO's. I'm sorry man. Just imagine being locked up in a cockpit with him for about 25 hours in a week.

When exactly was this? If it was at the end of may I was probably the captain on that flight. I do remember pulling up and having no marshallers, and then the FO trying to call ops over the radio. We were about 10 mins early IIRC so I didn't really care. He had a commute to catch after we got back so he was upset. I'll just say that you weren't the only person he annoyed that week, so don't take it personally. He actually told me he was going to go "talk to the rampers" and I said "fine". Guess I should've stopped him. Personally when I was an FO the last thing I ever felt the need was bitch at anyone. I let the skipper handle those sorts of things. I guess he didn't share that philosophy.

Yeah seriously WTF over?! Were this guy's Lee jeans a little too tight? Did he run out of SKOAL on the trip? Douchy move on his part.

I only get bent out of shape when I see rampers sitting around doing nothing with the "not my gate" mentality going on. Happens a lot in DTW, actually. Anything else, and I just assume the station is short staffed like every where else we go. Got into BOS last week at 12:35 am and waited 45 minutes to park. I was getting a little irritated b/c 1) it's BOS and run by Delta mainline and 2) there was ONE guy there with lighted wands waiting to marshal us in. He had no clue where anyone else was. Ops wouldn't answer the radio, and dispatched tried calling on the phone several time to no avail.

Yeah seriously WTF over?! Were this guy's Lee jeans a little too tight? Did he run out of SKOAL on the trip? Douchy move on his part.

Dude! How'd you know? This guy went through more skoal than a minor league ball player fresh off a mouth cancer screening. Think of a hybrid between Larry the Cable Guy and Champ Kind from Anchorman but with 3 stripes on his shoulders.

righttobarearms.jpg
+
anchorman_026.jpg

Wow, tell me about it. I was working for XJT when CAL put my station up for bid, which went to Eagle. I now work for Eagle, and feel like I am one of the only people at the station that has the slightest clue what they are doing, or even take their job seriously, and cares about doing their job well. I know more than some of the supervisors, even. It is VERY aggravating.

Just an aside: I was involved in the project to bid for CAL work. Hope Eagle treats you better than XJT did!

I just let the guy rant, and then let my supervisor know of his complaint (didn't complain about him, just let the supv. know that nobody was on the ramp, and that nobody was in ops to answer the radio). The FO was a bit rude about it, when all he had to do was pull me aside, and ask me to pass the complaint along. I had the same thing cross my mind, as you said; he was probably having a long day, maybe had been messed over by work, and was getting ready for his last leg.

It is crazy at some of these outstations. You just about have to do everything.

There's no excuse. If I go blowing up everytime I "had a bad day" I'd be blowing up atleast twice a week or more! It's unprofessional plain and simple.

I know I've said this on here before, but my biggest rule in life is to treat people the way that I'd want to be treated.

It looks like you go above and beyond your duties and you shouldn't be treated like crap just because someone is "having a bad day"!:whatever:

None of the Eagle stations answer the ops radio. Nothing to get po'd over; it's automatic like the sunrise. I overnighted in Red Stick on Thursday night but didn't see you Chris. Thanks for sharing your story and sorry about the d bag FO. It's good to hear the other perspective.

Hahaha, I think this might have been one of my FO's. I'm sorry man. Just imagine being locked up in a cockpit with him for about 25 hours in a week.

When exactly was this? If it was at the end of may I was probably the captain on that flight. I do remember pulling up and having no marshallers, and then the FO trying to call ops over the radio. We were about 10 mins early IIRC so I didn't really care. He had a commute to catch after we got back so he was upset. I'll just say that you weren't the only person he annoyed that week, so don't take it personally. He actually told me he was going to go "talk to the rampers" and I said "fine". Guess I should've stopped him. Personally when I was an FO the last thing I ever felt the need was bitch at anyone. I let the skipper handle those sorts of things. I guess he didn't share that philosophy.
LOL! No worries. It was probably about that time frame -- end of May, beginning of June. I don't remember exactly, I do know it was somewhere about a month ago. I do remember that the flight was about 10 minutes early, so it very well may have been your flight. Now that I am thinking about it, I don't even remember what flight it was. I believe it was our 3:50P departure. Do you remember what time you were there? I am hard to miss if you are ever in BTR, being 6'5", so the next time you are there, I'm the tall gate agent, be sure to say hello, LOL!

Just an aside: I was involved in the project to bid for CAL work. Hope Eagle treats you better than XJT did!
Your company put a bid in for the CAL work, or do you work for Eagle? Eagle is treating me okay. I enjoyed working for XJT. I thought they were a really good company, but overall I cannot complain about Eagle.

None of the Eagle stations answer the ops radio. Nothing to get po'd over; it's automatic like the sunrise. I overnighted in Red Stick on Thursday night but didn't see you Chris. Thanks for sharing your story and sorry about the d bag FO. It's good to hear the other perspective.
Yeah, rarely is anybody in our ops office. They don't staff anybody in there full-time, and CAL will not give Eagle the funds to staff someone in there full-time, so it really is a crap shoot when you call in. Sometimes someone happens to be in there -- most of the time, not.

I was off Thursday. How often do you fly into BTR? I'll look for you next time, if I'm working.

LOL! No worries. It was probably about that time frame -- end of May, beginning of June. I don't remember exactly, I do know it was somewhere about a month ago. I do remember that the flight was about 10 minutes early, so it very well may have been your flight. Now that I am thinking about it, I don't even remember what flight it was. I believe it was our 3:50P departure. Do you remember what time you were there? I am hard to miss if you are ever in BTR, being 6'5", so the next time you are there, I'm the tall gate agent, be sure to say hello, LOL!

Yeah, it was an afternoon flight, I think it was legs 4 & 5 of a 5 leg day. I'll look out for you and say hello next time. I'm pretty sure it was my flight in your story. Again, sorry about the FO. His wife had just had a miscarriage and overall he had a chip on his shoulder for the entire 3 day I flew with him. Earlier in the trip, the flight attendant and him had a verbal altercation that put me in an awkward position (so it was not just you who had problems). Hopefully things go better for you on my next flight to BTR.

I only get bent out of shape when I see rampers sitting around doing nothing with the "not my gate" mentality going on. Happens a lot in DTW, actually. Anything else, and I just assume the station is short staffed like every where else we go. Got into BOS last week at 12:35 am and waited 45 minutes to park. I was getting a little irritated b/c 1) it's BOS and run by Delta mainline and 2) there was ONE guy there with lighted wands waiting to marshal us in. He had no clue where anyone else was. Ops wouldn't answer the radio, and dispatched tried calling on the phone several time to no avail.

Very typical in BOS at night. Waited many nights for ground crew to show up. One time, the person working the OPS Freq had to come down and help out.

There's no excuse. If I go blowing up everytime I "had a bad day" I'd be blowing up atleast twice a week or more! It's unprofessional plain and simple.

I know I've said this on here before, but my biggest rule in life is to treat people the way that I'd want to be treated.

It looks like you go above and beyond your duties and you shouldn't be treated like crap just because someone is "having a bad day"!:whatever:

Few words.

It's a matter of maturity.

Some of our peers has it, some has it not.

Yeah, it was an afternoon flight, I think it was legs 4 & 5 of a 5 leg day. I'll look out for you and say hello next time. I'm pretty sure it was my flight in your story. Again, sorry about the FO. His wife had just had a miscarriage and overall he had a chip on his shoulder for the entire 3 day I flew with him. Earlier in the trip, the flight attendant and him had a verbal altercation that put me in an awkward position (so it was not just you who had problems). Hopefully things go better for you on my next flight to BTR.

No need for you to apologize. It certainly was not your fault, and honestly, it was not that big of a deal. I don't tend to take things too personally, and in the end, you all did have to wait, so it was not out of line to say something, just could have been done more professionally on his part.

Funny that you mention the FA, because she saw this go down, with the FO, and after he walked off, to do his walk-around, she just have me a look -- almost as to say, "yeah, I know".

Back