Mesaba Announces Furloughs....

Many that are going to be furloughed are furloughed from other airlines plus they already had to give up their seniority there..... sucks. Probably not the last round of furloughs this year. Mesa and Skywest said they might furlough.

A large portion of my class were furloughs from other airlines. I can't go back to the other company either because of giving up the seniority. Crap happens, we will all just have to make the best out of the the situations that we are dealt. Goodluck to the rest of the furloughs.

Thank god ASA traded 20 50 seaters to get 10 900's. That has caused carnage at COMAIR and XJ now!

hah. . .yeah . . . it's all ASA's fault, lemme tell you.

That said, I'm not familiar with the conditions Delta offered the 10 -900s to your company or to Comair. Were they also asking you for a reduction in a certain airframe?

So, yes, while those 20 50 seaters will be out of our agreement with Delta by next summer, it is our understanding they will be flying for someone, somewhere, on a contract basis, crewed by ASA crews.

Damn I'm sorry to hear that

Damn! I feel like we are all in a toilet bowl going round and round. Sorry Mesaba pilots. I considered interviewing in September '08 but decided not to. I feel for that guy that left Colgan's class in October '08 right before going to the Sims to take the Mesaba offer. :(

I was just thinking that same thing

Yeah gotta start doing the math again. I do NOT want to spend 2months up in MSP.

You that Junior man? Thought you were higher up? :) But you can fly that big ole shinny 900 :).... Trying for a little humor with this sucky situation! :) I wish all the Xj guys the best of luck. They were hit hard with the great and mighty BB screwing them over before he went to RAH and now more hits....

So what's up at Compass? A lot of air willy guys went there when they were hiring. It looks like they are pretty safe, it's not like they can just get rid of the new EMB's. Sucks for Mesaba though.

Best of luck to the furloughees. If you down to hit the jungle, Arik Air in Nigeria is looking for 3 900 FOs.

So what's up at Compass? A lot of air willy guys went there when they were hiring. It looks like they are pretty safe, .

Yeh, safe until main line starts letting go of those guys they are talking about... Not sure how it works, but with the flow-back agreement, I wouldn't call it safe over there..

Best of luck to the furloughees. If you down to hit the jungle, Arik Air in Nigeria is looking for 3 900 FOs.

Not good. There are a few other African/Asian/Indian ops looking for RJ guys that might be ok, but I've heard REALLY bad things about Arik in the last three months.

And if they're only looking for 3 -900 FOs, I'd bet they have about 300 resumes on their desk already.....

Sorry to hear that guys...it is sad to hear a lot more people are going to be out on the street. Hopefully, there is something that you guys could fall back on temporarily till things start picking up again. Best of luck everyone. I'm sure this is not the end of it.

So, yes, while those 20 50 seaters will be out of our agreement with Delta by next summer, it is our understanding they will be flying for someone, somewhere, on a contract basis, crewed by ASA crews.

That's good to know because I was wondering about that. Hopefully, this would mean bringing you guys back from furlough.

Not good. There are a few other African/Asian/Indian ops looking for RJ guys that might be ok, but I've heard REALLY bad things about Arik in the last three months.

What have you heard? Most complaints I've heard is about Lagos in general and also complaints about the horrible no radar ATC environment.

That sucks for the XJ guys. Doesn't help that PSA is recalling, as Mesaba made guys resign their seniority numbers.

The 2 that I flew with never did:beer:. XJ never checked. Then again I don't think either one of those will be furloughed from XJ anyway.

You that Junior man? Thought you were higher up? :) But you can fly that big ole shinny 900 :).... Trying for a little humor with this sucky situation! :) I wish all the Xj guys the best of luck. They were hit hard with the great and mighty BB screwing them over before he went to RAH and now more hits....
Yeah I've only got 34 or so guys beneath me on the captain side. I want MEM first off, and the most days off the second. I'd rather not go for 2 months up to MSP for the damn training for the -900, but beggars can't be choosers.

Gotta change the avatar again too! And if I'm gonna be a jet FO I've gotta start telling Velo that he's wrong while bopping my head to my Ipod.

Yeah I've only got 34 or so guys beneath me on the captain side. I want MEM first off, and the most days off the second. I'd rather not go for 2 months up to MSP for the damn training for the -900, but beggars can't be choosers.

Gotta change the avatar again too! And if I'm gonna be a jet FO I've gotta start telling Velo that he's wrong while bopping my head to my Ipod.

Don't forget to flip your epauletts upside down;)!

Back