Mesa interview on Wed

Patrick

If anyone else is going to the Mesa interview in PHX on Wed, I will be in PHX tomorrow from 6PM on, staying at the Radisson.

If anyone would like to get together, feel free to PM me here and I can get in contact with you.

Coming on here and saying you're going to a Mesa interview is like going up to the biggest bully you know and telling him how good his mother is in bed.

(not an airline pilot, and I couldn't care less. Just saying.)

Coming on here and saying you're going to a Mesa interview is like going up to the biggest bully you know and telling him how good his mother is in bed.

This shouldnt be "that" kind of thread. He's just looking for someone to kick it with in PHX.
Good luck with your interview Patrick.

I think with the current state of the industry there is only one airline people will chastise you for going to.

Yeah I didn't mean to bag on you for going to Mesa, although I'd advise against it. That said, if you know what you're getting in to and you want to fly for Mesa, best of luck to you. Just remember: No whining about it if you get the job and it sucks, just like everyone said it would. ;)

I was just curious as to how they went from furloughing to interviewing in, what, like 4 weeks? Doesn't that seem a little odd to anyone?

This shouldnt be "that" kind of thread. He's just looking for someone to kick it with in PHX.
Good luck with your interview Patrick.

Thank you. As I have said previously, I'm going to show up and see what they have to offer. Depending upon what that answer is, it is up to me to accept or turn down whatever they offer.

Besides, chastise or not, its not like there are limitless options these days- whether you want to admit that reality or not.

Thank you. As I have said previously, I'm going to show up and see what they have to offer. Depending upon what that answer is, it is up to me to accept or turn down whatever they offer.

Besides, chastise or not, its not like there are limitless options these days- whether you want to admit that reality or not.

Well no one can make decisions for you I guess...... If you're going though I strongly suggest if they offer you a job on the spot ask them if it's ok to think about it. Airline interviews are usually pep-rallys and will cloud your judgement. I'm sure they're going to give you the standard powerpoint with all the shiny CRJ-900 and how they're going to take over the industry BS. Don't fall for it, ask them about the potential liquidation of the company that could even come by Fall.

Well no one can make decisions for you I guess...... If you're going though I strongly suggest if they offer you a job on the spot ask them if it's ok to think about it. Airline interviews are usually pep-rallys and will cloud your judgement. I'm sure they're going to give you the standard powerpoint with all the shiny CRJ-900 and how they're going to take over the industry BS. Don't fall for it, ask them about the potential liquidation of the company that could even come by Fall.

I agree.....only a few weeks later will you realize its virtually impossible to live on $1600/month.

Na, we're alittle more civil on here. Saying you're goin to a Mesa interview on FI is alot more like your analogy.

I agree.....only a few weeks later will you realize its virtually impossible to live on $1600/month.

No its not, especially if you're single. Also, he'll get that same first year base pay anywhere he goes 1st year. Now if he flies over guarantee alot 1st yr @ Mesa he can expect more than that.

I know someone who's a flight attendant for Mesa(Us Airways) and she said they are hiring pilots like crazy, I am more than confident that you will get the job. Good luck!

No, we aren't furloughing, and we haven't. Yet.

Mesa is what it is. For what it's worth, I had a CHQ guy in my jumpseat the other day and was surprised to hear some of his stories about crazy schedules he's worked. I guess we're not the only ones.

And no, it's not going to be $1600/month. We're flying like crazy, I'll be timing out this month at 100 hrs, and it's not the first month nor will it be the last. Last month I made $2200 on just one paycheck; and yes, I'm on first year FO pay. I think we're the only airline (that I know of) to pay double time for volunteer/junior assignments. It's sad when some of my Captains are making more than a heavy airbus CA at Airways, because they picked up open time or got junior assigned.

I also work for Mesa. I guess Cam is on the surge. I fly the Dash. On the Dash I havent really broken guarantee very often except when they had me sitting ready reserve every day for 2 weeks (minimum 5hrs of credit time for a ready reserve sit) a while back.

That said I try to avoid flying if I can... if I really wanted to I could probably get to maybe 80-90 credit. Open time is 2x but sometimes its hard to pick up open time because of days off considerations.

Mesa is what Mesa is. I havent actually found it that bad. But I understand that you get screwed over a little more often flying the surge since theyre very short on FOs.

True that. I guess the Dash life is the good life. I wanted to fly it, but they weren't hiring into it when I was hired on about a year ago. As far as I know, they're hiring people for the D8 and CRJ at this time, but probably most are going to the CRJ. We are still verrry short staffed. If this thing with Delta works itself out, I don't see us having a need to furlough anyone, unless there's another major reduction in flying from somewhere.

But when people always ask me if we're still hiring, my response is always: "Yes, and I think we'll probably be hiring till the day we furlough". But who knows what the future holds.

Patrick, if you could, let us know what kind of class start dates Mesa is advertising. I have a few furloughed friends that would really like to know.

I think we're the only airline (that I know of) to pay double time for volunteer/junior assignments.

Unfortunately it's not in the contract that OT/JA is paid at 200% - it's just some e-mail/memo that came out in 2005 (does anyone have that e-mail anymore?) that said Mesa was going to pay OT/JA 200%... So if one day Mesa decides not to pay you 200%, there's nothing you can do - you can't file a grievance as it's not in the contract.

I think the union should try to pursue to get that 200% in the contract in writing.

However, I known a few people who have been able to take advantage of the 200% to get lots of money - a Air Midwest BE-1900 FO made $9000 one month picking up OT.

True that. I guess the Dash life is the good life.

If you can get GJT Dash 8 - I think that is Mesa's best base for QOL - I don't think there is a line in that base with less than 16 days off with 85-95 hour lines.

Patrick, if you could, let us know what kind of class start dates Mesa is advertising. I have a few furloughed friends that would really like to know.

I'm not Patrick, but was hired into the pool last week. Looking at end of September for class start.

Back