Market is dead - huh?

TangoBravo

Really nothing to be had for a 500+/30 Multi kiddo nowadays?
Even aerial mapping places flying lousy 172's are flushed with former jet jockeys looking for a desperate dime.

Anything other than :sarcasm: and :banghead: ?

I only have 500 hours and I just got a aerial mapping job. To get to 500 hours I had to teach for 6 months, which was something I really did not want to do. My nehibor works at Conntinental and said in the early 90's he needed his ATP and Bachelors degree to just get looked at by Conntinental Express. Teaching is not for everyone, it isn't for me but I instructed to get enough hours to do something else.

There are plenty CFI jobs out there. CFI is not for me and I am not the tool to do it. I believe that was a very unprofessional move.

It comes down to who you know and if you know someone then you will probably vote "you are just not looking hard enough". However, if you do not know someone you will probably vote "just hard to find jobs now".

The days of 500/50 are gone...........

Looks like it. Or maybe not?
Yes - jobs are there, you are just blind...
bar2-l.gif
bar2.gif
bar2-r.gif
clear.gif
11 68.75% Yes - I just can't find em either...
bar3-l.gif
bar3.gif
bar3-r.gif
clear.gif
5 31.25%
:crazy:

for now... 5 yrs from now when the age 65 kicks in things will be different. also keep in mind that there will be a good number of the furloughed guys (especially united)that will prob not come back.

:confused: I'm sorry I got the wrong impression, Stoki. I guess I'll put my stuff away on that note:buck:. Suppose you can tell me where she lives? :sarcasm:

For some reason the poll doesn't match the threads here and the job section of this web site. So, please feel freely to add where to look when you vote if the mins are below 1,000,000 total time in type, PLEASE! :panic:

:confused: I'm sorry I got the wrong impression, Stoki. I guess I'll put my stuff away on that note:buck:. Suppose you can tell me where she lives? :sarcasm:

For some reason the poll doesn't match the threads here and the job section of this web site. So, please feel freely to add where to look when you vote if the mins are below 1,000,000 total time in type, PLEASE! :panic:

Not good to fall in love with avatars...:panic:

However, it's fun to see the poll and how heavily it leans... No wonder this industry is in the basement. Guess everybody is :drool:ing for the jobs, no matter how little they pay. Sad state of affairs. Does MalWart still hire greeters? I'm sad, but how do the 250 hour kids not commit suicide right now? Paxil? Those who voted on option number one (majority) could pinpoint some hints, or are they just morons?

No they are not, there are plenty of small 135 operations that will hire with 500/50. Some only require you to have commercial multi/instrument with no time minimums. Right seat of course.

You wont find these jobs posted on the internet most of the time.

Check out Air Tahoma, a good friend of mine just got hired there with 300TT 100 ME. And I just got hired at IBC Airways with 245TT/130ME.

There are others as well, just ask around and something will come up. Call up any small operations you see and ask if they are hiring.

Certifiable "Blind" as of 8/2008 (Source: JC)
17:10 as of now, and if indicative of anything then only that I will have to improve on my searching skills. Funny, I did not even know there was a company called Air Tahoma. IBC- Airways is another one of those "never seen before" operators. Thanks for the hints 3enginejock!

EDIT: hr@ibcairways.com must be done hiring for a while, the inbox no longer accepts emails. Haha!
Air Tahoma's Website : www.airtahoma.com is not the most functional either.
Thats that.

I would say call up HR or Email Mark Landolt at IBC, he is the VP of Operations and a very nice guy.

Air Tahoma is definatly hiring because my buddy got hired just last month. There website isnt working for some reason but if your interested id try and find a phone number or email address.

Like I said, you cant expect a job to just fall in your lap with low time, do some work to find the jobs, they are out there.

Air Tahoma has one of the worst reputations I've ever heard, even for 135. Remember Grand Aire/Tricostal? Apparently they're much, much worse.

Take it for what it's worth, I haven't worked there, etc etc etc.

Back