Management pilots support cargo cutout

Not too many line pilots are hardcore anti union. They exist but usually line pilots want similar things. Not sure why AMF produces a lot of fairytale pilots but most of the pilots I know that don't care about QOL, pay, work rules, and doing things by the book are AMF pilots lol. But conversely some of the best, most compliant and most vocal regarding the betterment of their companies pilot groups are AMF pilots as well. You just hardly ever, if ever, meet an older airline pilot that is anti union, and thinks the abuse is awesome.

From what I've heard of the 767 group, I don't think she'll get along too well.

She will have to fall in line or be miserable because the hardcore pro union line pilots won't put up with it. Maybe the person that recommended her will get letters lol. Should we merge this convo into the "Networking and You" thread? lol...

Jesus...

The measures, and movements, some CPs will go through to protect their own asses.

I'm not surprised. They're attached to the teat of the respective organization's they've been molded to represent.

Credibility and respect? Some have it...some shouldn't have any.

Your co-worker. She said the same thing about voting the union on at TMC. Some people just love abuse and don't want to make things better. "They pay me to fly a 767 which is amazing, I don't care how much it is." Some people need to find other hobbies.
computer-smash-other-guys-Mark-Wahlberg-angry.gif

. "They pay me to fly a 767 which is amazing, I don't care how much it is." Some people need to find other hobbies.

Don't be angry. Give the person some time but I'm sure the pilot will wake up one day, realize the Internet is strewn with indelible ink and regret those statements when the luster wears off.

Or when the Amazon Drone 767s show up. :)

Don't be angry. Give the person some time but I'm sure the pilot will wake up one day, realize the Internet is strewn with indelible ink and regret those statements when the luster wears off.

Or when the Amazon Drone 767s show up. :)

I'm not angry but it's frustrating that's for sure. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, and has to vote for their interests etc. but it's interesting to see people join a company during negotiations, only to go against the grain. I saw it last year at NetJets. I met a couple new hires that I was convinced would cross the line and scab.

I can only imagine that there are some new hires coming onto UPS that totally agree with their managements position on the carve out.

If you're looking for something to frustrate you, you'll always find something on social media. Trust me, SouthernJets has it's "Dude, are you… INSANE?!" posters too!

I believe I was born too damn early for this but wish to live long enough to see the day money slowly becomes 100% obsolete.

I'm not angry but it's frustrating that's for sure. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, and has to vote for their interests etc. but it's interesting to see people join a company during negotiations, only to go against the grain. I saw it last year at NetJets. I met a couple new hires that I was convinced would cross the line and scab.

I can only imagine that there are some new hires coming onto UPS that totally agree with their managements position on the carve out.
I'd be interested in what their end-game was, since what has been promoted was for the better. I've been nothing but a total crotch pheasant towards how things were/are "here" and they promoted me 4 times in 2 years... LOL!

I'd be interested in what their end-game was, since what has been promoted was for the better. I've been nothing but a total crotch pheasant towards how things were/are "here" and they promoted me 4 times in 2 years... LOL!

You're like some weird unicorn lol. Many have tried, all have failed. My guess is you not being on the mainland really helps. The less they have to deal with our there the better.

Not too many line pilots are hardcore anti union. They exist but usually line pilots want similar things. Not sure why AMF produces a lot of fairytale pilots but most of the pilots I know that don't care about QOL, pay, work rules, and doing things by the book are AMF pilots lol. But conversely some of the best, most compliant and most vocal regarding the betterment of their companies pilot groups are AMF pilots as well. You just hardly ever, if ever, meet an older airline pilot that is anti union, and thinks the abuse is awesome.

They say they are pro Union, but the fact that a lot of them line up en masse to vote for Trump/Romney/etc show that maybe they are full of it.

Nothing takes the teeth out of a bargaining position at a company subject to the RLA than the lack of real consequences if the company doesn't play nice.

I believe I was born too damn early for this but wish to live long enough to see the day money slowly becomes 100% obsolete.

I'd settle for oil.

The day some kid rolls out Mr. Fusion from his garage workshop based on some variant of a previously discredited theory would be awesome.

The world wide goings on after that would make what went on in that movie "Chain Reaction" look like a G rated Disney flick from 1974.

Richman

I'd settle for oil.

The day some kid rolls out Mr. Fusion from his garage workshop based on some variant of a previously discredited theory would be awesome.

The world wide goings on after that would make what went on in that movie "Chain Reaction" look like a G rated Disney flick from 1974.

Richman

Which would be awesome but unfortunately nobody is going to roll out anything unles they've tapped all the power from the hoover dam and their garage is an unused blimp hangar. And even then, they will only achieve fusion for a few milliseconds at best.

Cold fusion is bunk.

Which would be awesome but unfortunately nobody is going to roll out anything unles they've tapped all the power from the hoover dam and their garage is an unused blimp hangar. And even then, they will only achieve fusion for a few milliseconds at best.

Cold fusion is bunk.

That's not actually what the science of "Chain Reaction" was about.

But you never know. We all walk around with the whole of human knowledge in our back pocket (pay walls excepted) AND a planetary network that supports a large percentage of the population using it along with connecting us together in a Borg like collective, with technology that was unthinkable 15 years ago. What we do with that collective access, well...maybe not so noble (insert theory as to how pr0n was the real driver in the VHS/Betamax battle).

I will grant you that our current tech tree does small really, really well. Big and powerful? Yea, not so much, at least in a controlled sense, and that will require a spec change at some point.

Richman

That's not actually what the science of "Chain Reaction" was about.

But you never know. We all walk around with the whole of human knowledge in our back pocket (pay walls excepted) AND a planetary network that supports a large percentage of the population using it along with connecting us together in a Borg like collective, with technology that was unthinkable 15 years ago. What we do with that collective access, well...maybe not so noble (insert theory as to how pr0n was the real driver in the VHS/Betamax battle).

I will grant you that our current tech tree does small really, really well. Big and powerful? Yea, not so much, at least in a controlled sense, and that will require a spec change at some point.

Richman

Only tangentially related: why has nobody fitted a torque converter and constant speed unit onto the fan section of a turbofan engine?

Maybe the juice isn't worth the squeeze.

Richman

I'm sure at least using a torque converter has been thought of. I just thought about it when I was reading about the geared turbofan and thinking about how much more weight/complexity/things that could break there is in the gearbox rather than a torque converter.

Back