Management pilots support cargo cutout

You're like some weird unicorn lol. Many have tried, all have failed. My guess is you not being on the mainland really helps. The less they have to deal with our there the better.
More of, "HEY, the turn-over is this, and getting worse! This *insert stupid non-sense* is the reason pilots, no, why I'm pissed!". I shouldn't be a line-pilot with management roles as that wasn't the case in the past. Since it's not the case, I'm definitely a thorn. More-so than ever since I have their email addresses and a title to throw around... :) Being more e-thug of course. I know what the situation is and that there's not much that can be done, but a couple month break from flying every damn day would be nice. It's actually worse now since I'm the only Metro captain (other guy is 120 only), which means more VZ flying to not burn out the SJU TDYs.

DFW ACP resigned and went to Copa I thought...

I thought one of the big problems at UPS was that their management pilots were, in fact, not line pilots at all.

We have a faction of our pilots at my company that believe once you become "management" you should resign your seniority number. I've tried to explain why that's a bad idea. If you want "management" to completely abandon the interests of the "line," it's a great idea.

That's not actually what the science of "Chain Reaction" was about.

But you never know. We all walk around with the whole of human knowledge in our back pocket (pay walls excepted) AND a planetary network that supports a large percentage of the population using it along with connecting us together in a Borg like collective, with technology that was unthinkable 15 years ago. What we do with that collective access, well...maybe not so noble (insert theory as to how pr0n was the real driver in the VHS/Betamax battle).

I will grant you that our current tech tree does small really, really well. Big and powerful? Yea, not so much, at least in a controlled sense, and that will require a spec change at some point.

Richman
Can of worms there, but yes. The Internet is amazing. We're in the golden age of it right now, and we don't even realize it.

Gene Roddenberry's idealistic vision of the future appeals to me too, but it's totally not going to happen.

I do see it happening soon in 100 years. Flying wasn't ever going to happen either.
How does linear growth (money) keep up with exponential growth (technology)? Will you suppress technology when that drone takes your "job" or embrace it? We will all become lazy bums that do not want to "work" for a living while many talents continue to fall behind technological advancements.

Why are people laid off when a breakthrough in technology makes the whole "job" easier for the people? The 40 hour work week is slowly changing... it has to. Zoom out and really look down next time you get up there. There is a bigger picture slowly taking place.

Only tangentially related: why has nobody fitted a torque converter and constant speed unit onto the fan section of a turbofan engine?

Because it would create more "lazy bums" for this contry to deal with, the same reason we sill use oil :)

I do see it happening soon in 100 years. Flying wasn't ever going to happen either.
How does linear growth (money) keep up with exponential growth (technology)? Will you suppress technology when that drone takes your "job" or embrace it? We will all become lazy bums that do not want to "work" for a living while many talents continue to fall behind technological advancements.

Why are people laid off when a breakthrough in technology makes the whole "job" easier for the people? The 40 hour work week is slowly changing... it has to. Zoom out and really look down next time you get up there. There is a bigger picture slowly taking place.
lol

Okay, a serious answer. Man has no threat from automation if the man tending the automation is paid enough.

Okay, a serious answer. Man has no threat from automation if the man tending the automation is paid enough.

To set the tone here I'd just like to say this is no argument and only an observation which is connected to this thread. I have no problem with the lol, when you take a closer look you will see the corn and peanuts are still there, really. It goes through the system but doesn't change. This thread is the same old corn and peanut topic of people trying to control people for what is best for individualism. The guys in charge always financially poop on the guys doing "the job". It gets chalked up under "paying your dues" until you begin to dislike what you once loved. I stongly believe very few people are mentally designed to do the same thing every day over and over for that becomes insanity. I don't want to go insane about flying :) so help me if you can.

Not a star trac fan, I had to look that up.

..and if the automation replaces 3/4 workers and 1 gets to stay with this "enough pay"? Man has old habits which become threats to him. How can we all win and come out ahead with no one losing homes?

More of, "HEY, the turn-over is this, and getting worse! This *insert stupid non-sense* is the reason pilots, no, why I'm pissed!". I shouldn't be a line-pilot with management roles as that wasn't the case in the past. Since it's not the case, I'm definitely a thorn. More-so than ever since I have their email addresses and a title to throw around... :) Being more e-thug of course. I know what the situation is and that there's not much that can be done, but a couple month break from flying every damn day would be nice. It's actually worse now since I'm the only Metro captain (other guy is 120 only), which means more VZ flying to not burn out the SJU TDYs.

DFW ACP resigned and went to Copa I thought...

She left as a line pilot. She wasn't the ACP or was becoming not the ACP and happened to leave. I'm almost positive she was no longer the ACP.

I only know one guy on the west coast now (all have left) and he still gets lots of the same stuff. Had a broken airplane in BUR, had to beg for hotel, and he was put in some dangerous dive motel lol. You are in s much better position out there to stand your ground on.

At a certain company there were several anti-ALPA holdouts who wouldn't join and refused to pay dues. Then when a certain legacy airline announced to acquire said carrier, literally the day of the announcement there were magically certain ALPA applications filled and signed up. Weird how that works out.

Back