Man in Zorro Costume Detained Ahead of Chaotic Night at LAX

Oh don't get the wrong impression, I didn't just mean that you are a racist; I find that constitutional conservatives hate minorities, women, homosexuals, catholics, and pretty much anyone that isn't like them.

So I didn't call you racist, I said you're racist AND you discriminate against anyone that isn't exactly like you.

Glad we had the chance to clear this up.
I'm glad we got that straight. :cool:
But I have to disagree, because I have a lot of Catholic friends.

Oh don't get the wrong impression, I didn't just mean that you are a racist; I find that constitutional conservatives hate minorities, women, homosexuals, catholics, and pretty much anyone that isn't like them.

So I didn't call you racist, I said you're racist AND you discriminate against anyone that isn't exactly like you.

Glad we had the chance to clear this up.
But seriously, I don't think the modern racist or bigot or whatever is bound by any political party. They are mostly products of their environment, and they also probably vote the same way their parents do/did.
Constitutional Conservatism is an ideology, not a specific group of people.
Don't be against the constitution because the only people you're exposed to that are screaming about it happen to fall into segment of the population that no one I know is proud of.

My 300win mag bolt action is far more deadly than an AR-15 for mass murder. It has none of the offending characteristics. Has a touch more energy than a 223. But lets not advertise it too much. They'll want those to.
Oh, I'd like that Big Horn gun to, but the price is ridiculous.

The one that really cracked me up was when Senator Feinstein released her proposed banned list.

This Mini-14 was okay:

5801.jpg

But this Mini-14 was a no-no:
5819.jpg

Both the exact same rifle firing the exact same bullets at the exact same rate of fire and capable of accepting the exact same "high-capacity" magazines. The difference? The sole reason the Tactical was to be banned?

Because the Mini-14 Tactical looks scarier because it has a flash suppressor over the muzzle. Wrote about this silliness in Hate to Say, "I Told You So," But . . . .

But seriously, I don't think the modern racist or bigot or whatever is bound by any political party. They are mostly products of their environment, and they also probably vote the same way their parents do/did.
Constitutional Conservatism is an ideology, not a specific group of people.
Don't be against the constitution because the only people you're exposed to that are screaming about it happen to fall into segment of the population that no one I know is proud of.

If you believe this, you misunderstand everything I'm saying.

Gotta go make a few bucks, if this thread is still going in a day or two I'll enlighten you.

The two party primary system led to that.

Well, that's actually the smallest part of the problem. The Two-Party system used to pick candidates that appealed to mainstream voters. That changed when the primaries became the main selection tool over the old "smoke-filled backroom," rather than a "sense of the party" that merely hinted at a preference to the boys in the smoke-filled backroom. Adding to that was the polarization of politics from talk radio and infotainment channels masquerading as 24-hour "News" sources.

It's funny you're essentially defending a state making a bad environmental driven decision effecting businesses that allow that economy to function.

Thanks to double refining and other programs forced on diesel it is by pound transported per amount of exhaust produced and petrol consumed far more cost effective and environmentally beneficial than gas engines.
To your first point, I guess you haven't noticed that California's economy is doing just fine. Yes there are taxes on diesel fuel that make it more expensive but this is nothing new. Farm equipment and other non road traveling diesel motors pay far less for diesel fuel because they are not subject to state and federal taxes.

Your second point, I agree that diesel is an efficient fuel. I drive a diesel powered auto and it's much more efficient. The one thing I guess I don't understand is the double refining of diesel fuel. Are you saying you have to double refine diesel to get gasoline?

I know in my auto I have a DEF tank that helps knock down the amount of particulates that exit through the exhaust. I've heard that it makes the engine less efficient but I'm getting about 31mpg with a 6k auto on the highway. Not bad if you ask me. I think you and I agree that diesel is much more efficient and the price has come down in the past year. Hopefully this trend continues.

Sends a message you won't be dictated too... or better yet just add a California fee to all packages to pay for the new trucks...
I don't think it will send the message you think it will. California has ~40 million people in the state. Some of the essential natural resources are waning due to over population. There needs to be a more environmentally friendly way to do business. Also, UPS has been for as long as I can remember looking for ways to reduce their fuel costs. From avoiding left turns as much as possible to hybrid vehicles. Blame California I guess but pulling out of a market that has ~40 million people doesn't make business sense at all.

If you believe this, you misunderstand everything I'm saying.

Gotta go make a few bucks, if this thread is still going in a day or two I'll enlighten you.
No, I don't think you're against the constitution, but the rest of my point I think is a good one...
I'm sitting in the hotel making a few bucks, so my internetting is getting a little out of control. I think I'll go to the Kohler Museum. I just found out its not a museum of faucet history.

To your first point, I guess you haven't noticed that California's economy is doing just fine. Yes there are taxes on diesel fuel that make it more expensive but this is nothing new. Farm equipment and other non road traveling diesel motors pay far less for diesel fuel because they are not subject to state and federal taxes.

Your second point, I agree that diesel is an efficient fuel. I drive a diesel powered auto and it's much more efficient. The one thing I guess I don't understand is the double refining of diesel fuel. Are you saying you have to double refine diesel to get gasoline?

I know in my auto I have a DEF tank that helps knock down the amount of particulates that exit through the exhaust. I've heard that it makes the engine less efficient but I'm getting about 31mpg with a 6k auto on the highway. Not bad if you ask me. I think you and I agree that diesel is much more efficient and the price has come down in the past year. Hopefully this trend continues.

The term "double refining" refers to the additional processes used to go from Low Sulphur Diesel to a national standard of Ultra Low Sulphur for highway vehicles.

Gas isn't refined from diesel, though diesel is a much less intensive (and on its own cheaper) refining process.

That's one of the things that's pushed diesel to be both more expensive and at the same time harder to engineer for increasing costs on diesel vehicle engines. Now it did clean up a lot of the perceived dirty characteristics of diesel (smoke/smell), but that doesn't address enough for the Hard left Eco people who attack any form of hydrocarbon fuel.

Like I said people in California are happy to drive decisions based off their economy staying solvent while forcing the issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You won't comply with a law? Makes you a criminal, no? What happened to the "we're law-abiding citizens!"

Doesn't matter what you "feel" the state law is. If it violates the Constitution, the Supreme court will over turn it. Until that day, I hope you don't break any laws as a "responsible" legal gun owner.
Yeah, you can add me to the list of over 1 million overnight criminals in New York and Connecticut. I would not want to share a foxhole with you but I will defend to the death your right to spout your leftist drivel.

The one that really cracked me up was when Senator Feinstein released her proposed banned list.

This Mini-14 was okay:

5801.jpg

But this Mini-14 was a no-no:
5819.jpg

Both the exact same rifle firing the exact same bullets at the exact same rate of fire and capable of accepting the exact same "high-capacity" magazines. The difference? The sole reason the Tactical was to be banned?

Because the Mini-14 Tactical looks scarier because it has a flash suppressor over the muzzle. Wrote about this silliness in Hate to Say, "I Told You So," But . . . .
With the new laws that no-no will require registration. I agree it makes no sense.

The term "double refining" refers to the additional processes used to go from Low Sulphur Diesel to a national standard of Ultra Low Sulphur for highway vehicles.

Gas isn't refined from diesel, though diesel is a much less intensive (and on its own cheaper) refining process.

That's one of the things that's pushed diesel to be both more expensive and at the same time harder to engineer for increasing costs on diesel vehicle engines. Now it did clean up a lot of the perceived dirty characteristics of diesel (smoke/smell), but that doesn't address enough for the Hard left Eco people who attack any form of hydrocarbon fuel.

Like I said people in California are happy to drive decisions based off their economy staying solvent while forcing the issue.
Thanks for clearing that up on the double refining.

Like I said, I drive a diesel SUV and I'm a hard left Eco Californian. The fewer particulates that get emitted into the air is a good thing in my opinion. It wasn't that long ago you used to see soot covering trailers from truck stacks. That is not good for the environment and especially not good if you have to breathe that day in and day out. I went to high school in downtown Los Angeles and there were many days were the smog levels were so great it hurt to breathe. The Los Angeles basin has cleared up a lot in the past 20 years as a result of the clean initiatives the state has imposed. More efficient vehicles on the road help tremendously to keep the air quality "healthy".

You bring up a point about engineering Diesel engines at a greater cost. What has fundamentally changed in the Diesel engine that makes it so costly? i have heard that the DEF addition in the past few years makes the engine somewhat less efficient but I don't know what benchmark is used to determine that.

Thanks for clearing that up on the double refining.

Like I said, I drive a diesel SUV and I'm a hard left Eco Californian. The fewer particulates that get emitted into the air is a good thing in my opinion. It wasn't that long ago you used to see soot covering trailers from truck stacks. That is not good for the environment and especially not good if you have to breathe that day in and day out. I went to high school in downtown Los Angeles and there were many days were the smog levels were so great it hurt to breathe. The Los Angeles basin has cleared up a lot in the past 20 years as a result of the clean initiatives the state has imposed. More efficient vehicles on the road help tremendously to keep the air quality "healthy".

You bring up a point about engineering Diesel engines at a greater cost. What has fundamentally changed in the Diesel engine that makes it so costly? i have heard that the DEF addition in the past few years makes the engine somewhat less efficient but I don't know what benchmark is used to determine that.

See the thing with the soot is because Diesel, unlike gas doesn't fully evaporate. While its visual in nature it's not nearly as bad when you look at thinks like hydrocarbons. So while it looks filth its far less damaging than the green house gas emissions. And because it takes more gas burned to release the same energy, you effectively have more nasty to do the same work.

The reason it's become more engineer intensive is it requires more meticulous engine design as well as more expensive fixes to make those enviro driven requirements. This whole thing with VW being a great example of missing the Forest for the trees, yes on their own those cars didn't meet clean air requirements, but when lined up next to a similar class gas powered car it was cleaner and had less impact on the environment. The other problem is stuff like the filters and injection systems we are now requiring. Essentially every time Diesel starts to make headway something (the ban on commercial rental diesel, blutech, etc) comes out and kicks it in the teeth.

See the thing with the soot is because Diesel, unlike gas doesn't fully evaporate. While its visual in nature it's not nearly as bad when you look at thinks like hydrocarbons. So while it looks filth its far less damaging than the green house gas emissions. And because it takes more gas burned to release the same energy, you effectively have more nasty to do the same work.

The reason it's become more engineer intensive is it requires more meticulous engine design as well as more expensive fixes to make those enviro driven requirements. This whole thing with VW being a great example of missing the Forest for the trees, yes on their own those cars didn't meet clean air requirements, but when lined up next to a similar class gas powered car it was cleaner and had less impact on the environment. The other problem is stuff like the filters and injection systems we are now requiring. Essentially every time Diesel starts to make headway something (the ban on commercial rental diesel, blutech, etc) comes out and kicks it in the teeth.

My diesel pickup gets over 20 mpg on the highway (I've seen 25 on a 50 mile stretch) and 17 around town. Then the DPF goes into regen and drops it to about 10 mpg. It's infuriating. As soon as the warranty is up that crap is coming out. I have a F250 gasser that averages 11 mpg. The difference in efficiencies is absurd.

There needs to be a more environmentally friendly way to do business.
It's crazy how this attitude gets shot down and laughed off. Yeah, the earth will be just fine and dandy. Us on the other hand? We'll see in a few decades.

The VW issue is absurd to me but I'm not the one making the call so it's a moot point.

Doesn't the DEF help with the evaporation process? I was under the impression that with new technology diesel is some of the cleanest burning fuel on the market.

My diesel pickup gets over 20 mpg on the highway (I've seen 25 on a 50 mile stretch) and 17 around town. Then the DPF goes into regen and drops it to about 10 mpg. It's infuriating. As soon as the warranty is up that crap is coming out. I have a F250 gasser that averages 11 mpg. The difference in efficiencies is absurd.
How long is your regen? Mine last no more than a minute at highway speeds. I'll take the momentary loss of MPG for an overall efficiency gain.

It's crazy how this attitude gets shot down and laughed off. Yeah, the earth will be just fine and dandy. Us on the other hand? We'll see in a few decades.

But that's just it, it wasn't environmentally friendlier. It like so many other policies was made off bad evidence and opinion.

We are talking about commercial freight. It isn't using diesel and saying "f the grandkids we got boxes to deliver." It used diesel because when you talk about moving a lot of weight gas is horribly ineffective when compared to diesel. So essentially California drastically increased its hydrocarbon output to decrease its smog output at say half the rate because you're talking about burning 2 gallons of gas instead of a gallon of diesel. That also has the 2nd/3rd order increase of needing more original petrol to refine, and a greater mass transported to the used requiring again, more energy burned.

That's not a net environmental gain. It's just a visible "hooray we did something."

Back