Man in Zorro Costume Detained Ahead of Chaotic Night at LAX

News was reporting that passengers were bailing out the terminal through the doors into the SIDA area and ramp, and running around planes and hiding. The more doors that opened, the more alarms went off, causing more doors to be opened in panic, with a number of pax on the ramp. What a mess.

Granted, LAX has been the site of an active shooting in the pax terminal, what with the El Al ticket counter shooting in 2002, killing a ticket agent and a passenger. Though I doubt the average traveller remembers that incident from 14 years ago.

News was reporting that passengers were bailing out the terminal through the doors into the SIDA area and ramp, and running around planes and hiding. The more doors that opened, the more alarms went off, causing more doors to be opened in panic, with a number of pax on the ramp. What a mess.

Granted, LAX has been the site of an active shooting in the pax terminal, what with the El Al ticket counter shooting in 2002, killing a ticket agent and a passenger. Though I doubt the average traveller remembers that incident from 14 years ago.
Don't forget the ex TSA guy that went through the terminal with an AR-15 3 years ago too.

Yeah it was a definitely case of hysteria, but at the same time, if I saw a random dude with a sword wandering around the airport I don't blame some people for getting freaked out. Look at all the knife/axe/bladed attacks ISIS sympathizers have been increasingly carrying out in Europe lately.

Don't forget the ex TSA guy that went through the terminal with an AR-15 3 years ago too.

Yeah it was a definitely case of hysteria, but at the same time, if I saw a random dude with a sword wandering around the airport I don't blame some people for getting freaked out. Look at all the knife/axe/bladed attacks ISIS sympathizers have been increasingly carrying out in Europe lately.

Good point. And yeah I did forget about the ex TSA guy, another one to add to the list. Agreed on seeing a sword or large knife and reactions that could cause.

Only semi auto assault swords.

Ah, yes . . . the semiautomatic assault bayonet:

9301987_1.jpg

No it's not. Governor Brown just signed in legislation that you can't have guns with detachable magazines. So we're all safe now. Violent crimes are a thing of the past.
Seriously? I would love to hear the rational reason and what they hope to prevent.

What they wish to prevent, and what it actually will are two different things.
Making drugs legal and guns illegal. Free speech is ok, as long as you're saying the right thing. I think I know what they're trying to prevent.
But I'll digress my arse over to the lav if I really need to work this one out...

It was kind of interesting to see how long it took before the media picked up the story. We pretty much we're getting updates on Twitter and ACARS from crews who were getting info from Tower. I don't think we got an official briefing until about 30 minutes in,and the LA news stations were still covering Juan Gabriel's death.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Making drugs legal and guns illegal. Free speech is ok, as long as you're saying the right thing. I think I know what they're trying to prevent.
But I'll digress my arse over to the lav if I really need to work this one out...

One last comment. On Jan 1st, my Ruger 22 LR will be illegal in California, because it has a 10 round detachable magazine. I'll be a criminal. Not really sure what to do about it either.

Back