Man in Zorro Costume Detained Ahead of Chaotic Night at LAX

How long is your regen? Mine last no more than a minute at highway speeds. I'll take the momentary loss of MPG for an overall efficiency gain.
It's a couple of minutes at least. I'd have to get the manual out but I believe it's based on engine speed so it's faster on the highway, could take a while if I'm in traffic or the city.

The VW issue is absurd to me but I'm not the one making the call so it's a moot point.

Doesn't the DEF help with the evaporation process? I was under the impression that with new technology diesel is some of the cleanest burning fuel on the market.
DEF breaks down NOx in the exhaust gasses into water and nitrogen.

The VW issue is absurd to me but I'm not the one making the call so it's a moot point.

Doesn't the DEF help with the evaporation process? I was under the impression that with new technology diesel is some of the cleanest burning fuel on the market.

If you look at the 2010 law essentially Diesel had to decrease its particular matter by 90%... That requirement is strictly US with other countries not going anywhere near as high a requirement (remember that next time the Green Party screams about some treaty we didn't sign). Now the push is health and smog related as that diesel black smoke does cause lung irritation and other related health issues (it's smoke so... Duh). But like I said the cost of it has a greater total negative.

Diesel on its own struggles to be marketable and therefore you see a much greater usage of green house gas producing vehicles. That burn rate increases exponentially with vehicle size and as most of us have noticed we like big cars over here so we shouldn't be actively discouraging diesel with negatives like higher taxes etc when it drives the market to a less environmentally friendly medium because people simply can't afford a 4K dollar engine option. So we burn more gas than we would diesel, producing its own collection of gasses and issues at a greater total net than we would with diesel. And unlike diesel the only way to really make gas burn cleaner is to burn way less of it, which means we have been getting more exotic in car design causing us to use a lot of harder to manufacture and chemically intensive stuff to make a car meet those exhaust requirements.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DEF breaks down NOx in the exhaust gasses into water and nitrogen.

DEF is great for the environment,not so great when the filter is doing its cleaning cycle and hangs up and you get limited to 15-25 mph. Had this happen more than once while I was working the ambulance. We had to call for another truck to take our patient and our truck ended up getting towed

It's crazy how this attitude gets shot down and laughed off. Yeah, the earth will be just fine and dandy. Us on the other hand? We'll see in a few decades.

That's what I don't think a lot of people understand.

The Earth is indifferent to our continued existence, it really doesn't care if we wreck the environmental and atmospheric conditions that allow life, as we know it, to flourish.

We've got no where else to go!

The Earth is indifferent to our continued existence, it really doesn't care if we wreck the environmental and atmospheric conditions that allow life, as we know it, to flourish.

True.

However when the solution is to throw money at the problem, let's throw it where it makes the most good.

Every time I see some grant to a technological dead end or punishment put on an industry that generates a whole lot of capital all I can think is what that could have done in some of the crappier parts of the world. Those ship breaker operations out in Asia would be a great place to start.

Yep. I mean the very rich, and probably most people in the first world are going to manage mostly fine... for a while. I used to think "man, if I ever have kids/grandkids I feel really bad for the world they're going to grow up into." Now I'm honestly pretty concerned about how things are going to shape up in MY lifetime. Pretty shocking how much the drought in Syria contributed to the civil war starting and eventually all the issues now.

Yep. I mean the very rich, and probably most people in the first world are going to manage mostly fine... for a while. I used to think "man, if I ever have kids/grandkids I feel really bad for the world they're going to grow up into." Now I'm honestly pretty concerned about how things are going to shape up in MY lifetime. Pretty shocking how much the drought in Syria contributed to the civil war starting and eventually all the issues now.

Yeah but at the same time the side most aligned with the Eco protection movement also has to face the problem of being the side that is against things like drought resistant GM crops.

We are going to have to come to a place where we aren't trying to have our cake and eat it too. Kinda like yes we need to find ways to consume less fossil fuels but at the same time can't just refuse alternative forms just because we don't like them (i.e. Nuclear) or acknowledge that the demand for energy generation far outstrips the capability of a completely green solution.

Yeah but at the same time the side most aligned with the Eco protection movement also has to face the problem of being the side that is against things like drought resistant GM crops.

I agree completely on that point.

Yeah, you can add me to the list of over 1 million overnight criminals in New York and Connecticut. I would not want to share a foxhole with you but I will defend to the death your right to spout your leftist drivel.

Whoa. This is nothing to do with "drivel." Are you really arguing that not complying with a LAW that has passed still makes you law-abiding? If it's really unconstitutional, the Supreme Court will overturn it. But until then.....

People that openly defy laws passed just further prove the point of the anti-gun crowd.

Whoa. This is nothing to do with "drivel." Are you really arguing that not complying with a LAW that has passed still makes you law-abiding? If it's really unconstitutional, the Supreme Court will overturn it. But until then.....

People that openly defy laws passed just further prove the point of the anti-gun crowd.

Well then how do you explain the constant overturning of the anti 2nd amendment laws across the country. The Supreme Courts have knocked down a bunch of these local and state laws that are against the constitution. What POTG know is that these laws are not valid. So every time one of these pops up it gets appealed to a higher court and more often then not is overturned on appeal nearly every single time.

California is going to be no different. Just because one day someone in power suddenly decides that he/she wants to change the rules don't mean he/she is right. We see this a lot. Where some idiot in some political or appointed position goes on a political power trip and starts changing things they have no legal right to do. Thats what started the idea of this country in avoiding someone excising too much power over the populous. This is elementary school level history education. Yet consistently members of our government fail to recall this very simple history lesson.

We POTG are winning the game. Guns are becoming more prevalent, more accepted, and bad laws are being over turned left and right. Every time something like the recent events in California happen gun owners just wait it out. We know that eventually the illegal laws that are put into place by poorly educated wanna be political legal scholars from both democrat and republicans will be over turned. See, DC, MA, TX, WY, TN, heck I could pretty much list all but a few of the states in the republic that have either overturned illegal gun laws or made it easier and more acceptable to legal law abiding citizens to have access to firearms.

The gun control idiots are like the wack a mole game. Every time you beat one down, they or another pops up somewhere else. POTG are getting tired of it and so every time a new and obviously illegal law is put on the books we will not comply.

Well then how do you explain the constant overturning of the anti 2nd amendment laws across the country. The Supreme Courts have knocked down a bunch of these local and state laws that are against the constitution. What POTG know is that these laws are not valid. So every time one of these pops up it gets appealed to a higher court and more often then not is overturned on appeal nearly every single time.

California is going to be no different. Just because one day someone in power suddenly decides that he/she wants to change the rules don't mean he/she is right. We see this a lot. Where some idiot in some political or appointed position goes on a political power trip and starts changing things they have no legal right to do. Thats what started the idea of this country in avoiding someone excising too much power over the populous. This is elementary school level history education. Yet consistently members of our government fail to recall this very simple history lesson.

We POTG are winning the game. Guns are becoming more prevalent, more accepted, and bad laws are being over turned left and right. Every time something like the recent events in California happen gun owners just wait it out. We know that eventually the illegal laws that are put into place by poorly educated wanna be political legal scholars from both democrat and republicans will be over turned. See, DC, MA, TX, WY, TN, heck I could pretty much list all but a few of the states in the republic that have either overturned illegal gun laws or made it easier and more acceptable to legal law abiding citizens to have access to firearms.

The gun control idiots are like the wack a mole game. Every time you beat one down, they or another pops up somewhere else. POTG are getting tired of it and so every time a new and obviously illegal law is put on the books we will not comply.

Doesn't matter what YOU personally feel. A law is the law, and this is a nation of laws. If a law you feel is illegal, let it go to the higher appeal court / SCOTUS and get a ruling. Until then, by not following the law you are no longer the "law abiding citizen."

"Guns are becoming more prevalent"

Yup. And the body counts reflect it, too.

"Gun control idiots"? If there are gun control idiots, there are also pro-gun idiots.

So let's say something drastic happens and we go steroids on the patriot act to something akin to the internment of Japanese citizens.... If you are from country X, Y, or Z you are now subject to immediate detainment and questioning. You get released following that process so it's not indefinite, it's just over reach and failing the smell test of your rights against unreasonable search and seizure. You're gonna be standing there telling people "just get in the van with the nice gentlemen in black folks we're gonna get this sorted out in the courts in just a little bit," Right?

These people had a right.... It's now being removed. That's essentially ex post facto effects turning something that yesterday was totally legal into something that isn't.

The fact you can't see the equivalency of civil rights being the same as gun rights where people repeatedly are pushing the boundary of constitutional precedent in order to achieve an ideological solution is amazing. They know good and well they've lost this fight in the past or that what they are doing is dubious at best, and they simply don't care. It's not gun rights that's lost on you, it's the idea that government benevolence and being able to hold your breath while constitutional infringement gets fixed is not something we should be counting on.

Doesn't matter what YOU personally feel. A law is the law, and this is a nation of laws. If a law you feel is illegal, let it go to the higher appeal court / SCOTUS and get a ruling. Until then, by not following the law you are no longer the "law abiding citizen."

"Gun control idiots"? If there are gun control idiots, there are also pro-gun idiots.

Show your source for higher body counts. The facts I have show that there are far less in recent years.

But yes there are idiots on both sides. I won't even begin to argue that we don't have our fair share of stupid on our side. We do. I've kicked a number of people out of my training classes for doing stupid things. Even got sued by one of them (case was tossed out thankfully).

But nearly each and every one of those idiots has a right to self protection. As well as life liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Just as much as the idiots on the gun control side.

So, if Trump wins and passes a law that states all persons from the middle east or who are Muslim must go register at the local police station, you're gonna be first in line?

So, if Trump wins and passes a law that states all persons from the middle east or who are Muslim must go register at the local police station, you're gonna be first in line?

If it's a law that actually passes, then yes until overturned by the SCOTUS. But that is absurd, it won't happen.

The gun regs are already in place. Apples to oranges here.

If it's a law that actually passes, then yes until overturned by the SCOTUS. But that is absurd, it won't happen.

No... No they aren't.

A crappy gun control law was passed after the fact effectively taking away a right. And they knew before hand what they were doing was at best questionable in constitutionality (kinda like Japanese internment). It now has to go to the Supreme Court to be overturned, but don't let that stop enforcement until then because even an injunction takes time.

The moral equivalency is exactly the same. After all, "if it saves one life," that's justification enough for you right? Well if we round up all the Muslims that will prevent the next Boston Bombing. There's absolutely no evidence proving it would but our feelings so it must be ok right?

No one thought that all these anti gun laws would pop up either. Never say never.

As for marching down to the police station to register, I'd call you an idiot, and tell you to get behind me and all the others protesting. Just because it's a law doesn't mean a bad law has to be blindly followed.

LOL, you're funny.. You drive the speed limit and not 1 mile per hour over? You ALWAYS come to a complete stop at a stop sign? Is it hard going through life so self righteous?

I thank my lucky stars that every morning I wake up in a country that was founded by the ulimate scofflaws. I can't even imagine the the country we would live in today if they would have just rolled over and decided to obey every tax, levy and law unjustly enacted upon them by the crown. As for your "body count" comment, in literally 90 seconds of research one can plainly see that alcohol, such as the Bud Light product peddled by such famous hypocrites and gun grabbers Amy Schumer and Seth Rogen in a national ad campaign, kills 88,000 people annually whereas gun homicides only account for 11,000 with 8,000 of them gang related.

Alcohol deaths from the CDC,

http://www.cdc.gov/alcohol/fact-sheets/alcohol-use.htm

Firearm deaths from the CDC,

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/homicide.htm

Gang related, links to CDC PDF

https://www.reddit.com/r/Firearms/comments/23k9ju/80_of_gunrelated_deaths_nonsuicide_are_gang/

According to this data, liquor stores are 8 TIMES more dangerous than guns.

Last edited:

he said add me to the list of criminals. Unless he's bipolar, I don't think he thinks that makes him law abiding. And I missed what the point was of the anti gun crowd that his civil disobedience proves?
It would also be nice if everyone would resume the adult intelligent debate that we were having that didn't involve personal attacks because of ones belief. I'm pretty sure we made it 6 pages or so. Did you guys start drinking while I was away??

Back