Man in Zorro Costume Detained Ahead of Chaotic Night at LAX

I'm not posting this just to argue, but a ban on all firearms with removable magazines would truly be a "gunpocalypse"... and that's not what we're seeing here at all.

Not really. Bring on the muskets and shotguns. :D

Didn't see his "let me google that for you" post. That might be the link that doesn't see to work for me.

But ok, let me ask you this. What "gun" (specifically a rifle) is legal and has a detachable or not detachable magazine and does not have at least one of the following

.. and any one of the following:
(A) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon.
(B) A thumbhole stock.
(C) A folding or telescoping stock.
(D) A grenade launcher or flare launcher.
(E) A flash suppressor.
(F) A forward pistol grip.
As far as I know, and the examples I gave in my post, a Ruger Mini 15/Mini 30, and some models of Springfield M1As can and will continue to be eligible for purchase new without any of the "evil" features, hence the term "featureless", and won't require registration. The laws makes no sense to me, I can't imagine that an AR15 would be any less deadly than an M1A in the wrong hands, lever action rifles are also not going to be affected, I'm trying to save up for a Big Horn Model 89 carbine, an 18" barreled lever action rifle chambered in 500S&W that holds seven rounds, I would guess that it holds a heck of a lot more potential energy than a ten round AR but it looks like a cowboy gun so it can't be dangerous, right?

Who knows, how about less guns in general. Until the pro-gun side can come up with a solution to keep the mental nutjobs from blasting innocent people away, these kinds of laws will continue to come. Self defense is fine. Building an arsenal for world war III while claiming Obama is coming for your guns..... well, that's just nutty. People like divorced alimony-collecting Mrs. Lanza and her arsenal with a mentally sick kid in her house, and the aftermath. So these laws pass.

Because the country can't take care of the mentally sick.

Because people can't recognize that not everyone is mentally fit to buy and own/operate a weapon.

And because thanks to the NRA, 2Aers, and corrupt politicians, no one is willing to do anything about it except suggest "more guns" and the infamous "only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun."

Take your picks.
I'm going to stick with the age old defense of lots of guns. If a sociopath wants to do harm, which law in particuliar would prevent him or her from doing harm? I understand the guy stealing his law abiding mothers gun, but if we put the genie back in the bottle and made all guns vanish, would he have still done harm? Could he have killed just as many with a Bowie knife, since none of the teachers (I assume) were armed? (Nor would they be if we made his mothers gun disappear with the rest?)
I've yet to hear a reasonable response to this point. None of your points make sense (with respect) unless we could make all the guns (except the safe ones from California) disappear.
So, yes, in the mean time, the answer to a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun.
What's the average response time of your local police department? How many small towns in California don't even have a police department?
And I'm not even touching the most prominent arguement, the INTENT of the founding fathers when writing EVERY word of the bill of rights.
But I'll leave that alone because I realize most of the left believes that to be an antiquated document.
It's like God, the Constitution and Santa clause are all in the same basket, I know. (Sorry, small jab at the end there, couldn't help it)
And believe it or not, I always appreciate your input, please continue. Or at least until the lock!

As far as I know, and the examples I gave in my post, a Ruger Mini 15/Mini 30, and some models of Springfield M1As can and will continue to be eligible for purchase new without any of the "evil" features, hence the term "featureless", and won't require registration. The laws makes no sense to me, I can't imagine that an AR15 would be any less deadly than an M1A in the wrong hands, lever action rifles are also not going to be affected, I'm trying to save up for a Big Horn Model 89 carbine, an 18" barreled lever action rifle chambered in 500S&W that holds seven rounds, I would guess that it holds a heck of a lot more potential energy than a ten round AR but it looks like a cowboy gun so it can't be dangerous, right?

Depending on the version both the Mini 15 and the Mini 30 could be in violation. Both are semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and in both cases depending on the version you get will be in violation of the 1-8 "ands" You need to remember the other parts under Penal Code §12276.1. This isn't just one single law you have to be in compliance with. Depending on the lever action you get you might still find yourself under the required 30 inches of overall length. I have one in 45LC that is well under 30 inches.

You are probably ok with the Springfield though. But who wants to use a M1A for home defense? And what will your neighbors think when a 30.06 goes through the bad guy, then through 2 layers of drywall, and into the neighboring apartment dining room while the family is eating supper.

You are probably ok with the Springfield though. But who wants to use a M1A for home defense? And what will your neighbors think when a 30.06 goes through the bad guy, then through 2 layers of drywall, and into the neighboring apartment dining room while the family is eating supper.
You probably won't get too many rounds off into your neighbors house because the bad guy will proably have a 30 round clip in his collapsible stock ak.
By the way, have you seen these thing for less than $400 lately? Wowsers, I gotta get some money together quick!

While I understand your point, who really cares if, after a home invasion, your family still lives, and there is a lesser consequence to your choice?

There is spackle for the neighbor's wall.

While I understand your point, who really cares if, after a home invasion, your family still lives, and there is a lesser consequence to your choice?

There's a big problem with that statement. We have the luxury of sitting around and talking about it before it ever happens, God forbid. We realize, if the day ever came, when the dust settled, you'd be hauled off to jail and unable to provide for that family you just saved. I don't argue with your point, but I believe the major consensus has settled on the lunacy of carting me off to jail after I just removed a bad guy because I got a sick deal on a collapsible stock that makes it easier to wield around the corners of my house...

I would rather limit the holes I create to just the bad guys.

Depending on the version both the Mini 15 and the Mini 30 could be in violation. Both are semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and in both cases depending on the version you get will be in violation of the 1-8 "ands" You need to remember the other parts under Penal Code §12276.1. This isn't just one single law you have to be in compliance with. Depending on the lever action you get you might still find yourself under the required 30 inches of overall length. I have one in 45LC that is well under 30 inches.

I'm not trying to argue with you, my point was both of the Rugers and the M1A will be available in versions that are compliant with the new laws and won't require registration. I think the laws stink, so I went and signed the petitions, but I will grudgingly register my AR next year because I don't want a felony on my record and I don't want to just hide it in my safe. I agree an M1A or either of the Rugers would probably not be the best choice for home defense. Unfortunately if I want to continue to enjoy this hobby I have to play by the rules or I probably won't be able to play at all, and as I said before the restrictions on ammo actually concern me more because with no bullets all you have is a poorly designed stick.

One last comment. On Jan 1st, my Ruger 22 LR will be illegal in California, because it has a 10 round detachable magazine. I'll be a criminal. Not really sure what to do about it either.
My 2001 Freightliner truck met all regs on its mfg date- yet California Air Resources Board dictates it illegal in Cali? I tore their page out of my map book- My truck won't bring them any goods, nor take their &$/! Anywhere again

My 2001 Freightliner truck met all regs on its mfg date- yet California Air Resources Board dictates it illegal in Cali? I tore their page out of my map book- My truck won't bring them any goods, nor take their &$/! Anywhere again

Remember when UPS had to take all their diesel trucks out of California, because CARB made them illegal? IIRC, that was 2010'ish. For a few years, all their was was gas Brown vans, no diesels. And they are still a mostly gas fleet, or at least the ones that roll through my neighborhood are at least.

We also have a Dem-on-Dem for the senate. Shows you how "balanced" this state has become. It's a friggen joke.

So Zorro was going around LAX with a semi-automatic assault light saber? That's the gist I got from this thread so far.

Dammit, you beat me to it!

But, of course, you WERE standing when you wrote this post, right? RIEEEEGHT?! :)

Remember when UPS had to take all their diesel trucks out of California, because CARB made them illegal? IIRC, that was 2010'ish. For a few years, all their was was gas Brown vans, no diesels. And they are still a mostly gas fleet, or at least the ones that roll through my neighborhood are at least.

We also have a Dem-on-Dem for the senate. Shows you how "balanced" this state has become. It's a friggen joke.

UPS should have just pulled out of Cali period.....
What next, Ban Jetfuel aircraft in Cali...

Lol.... a thread about an incident turns into a gun argument (what a friggin shock, since apparently people want to turn this into arguingaboutguns.com), and the other half turns into bitching about how much California sucks. Which is funny, considering how many of the same people complaining think the federal government should be hands off and the states should decide how they govern themselves. You know, except when they do stuff you don't like.

As far as I know the Zorro guy and the mass panic were not related to each other. No one knows where the "loud noises" came from. They're doing a lot of construction in terminal 7/8, and it wouldn't surprise me if some loud construction noises startled someone and they didn't stop to think where the noise was coming from. I heard that the panic started in terminal 8 near gate 80 and spread like wild fire as security propagated the issue to other terminals.

Back