Looking for a place to hold the event

Kristie

Mama Bear....
Staff member
I'm thinking more along restaurant/bar/lounge lines... we had a good time last year and if we do the condo thing, we might be able to pull a kegger...but if we do hotel rooms again, i was thinking we'd hold it somewhere with a bar/lounge type atmosphere (but not too too loud - that'd come later).

It'll be more of a mingle/party type atmosphere and less of an actual "event" - considering NJC is technically for networking/mingling purposes.. i figured we'd stay along those lines this year...

what would be fun is if we could find a place with bottle service (that again isn't so loud we can't all talk) so that it's more of an open bar type atmosphere than anything else...

If anyone comes up with the perfect place, let me know!

ideas/thoughts?

edit: of course, if we do the condo and/or house rental thing - maybe we can all chip in for a bartender/open bar type gig....i'm working with an open mind/outside the box feeling right now.

Kristie said:
roast a bowl? ok, now i'm REALLY lost!

Im thinking he may be sarcastically saying::bandit:

Pipe.jpg

Kristie. Don't have any idea what you are looking for in a bar/restaurant but wanted to let you know to look into Maggianos in the Fashion Show mall. I am having my wedding reception there at the end of May. It has a sweet set of rooms in the back of the restaurant that would be perfect for an appetizer/open bar type setup. There are three rooms and you can have all three or section them off depending on the number of people that you are having. Just a thought, it might be a little pricey for what you are looking for but it was a lot cheaper than any other restaurant/bar on the strip that we found and the place is really nice.

what are they charging you for a "W" event?

btw, thanks for the suggestion - I'll give them a call!

It is $60 per person, but that is with a HUGE meal and open bar for four hours. They have a really nice bar in the center room with a lot of good liquors and drinks. I would try and see if they could maybe put together an appetizer/drinks package for you instead of a full blown sit down meal. I know there is a minimum per room but it depends on the size of your party, what rooms you want, and what type of event it is.

ComplexHiAv8r said:
$60 a person seeing what was drank last time could be a bargin, Expecially if we get the right bartender....Tony????:nana2:

NNNNOOOOOOO. Wangster make big G & T. JEP get hangover:eek: , not feel so well.

we won't be going that route again, i don't think...too expensive actually.. we have to keep it a hella lot cheaper than $60/person!!

Vegas huh? That should make it easier. Contact the sales departments at any of the Hotels, and tell them what you are looking for. Off strip of course if you want a decent price for things. Places like the Fiestas, Stations, Terrible's, Sam's Town those will be your best bet for something like this. You will need a large number of attendees to go this route. Otherwise local bars, and lounges may work with you.

see. i'm thinking of going the local bar/lounge direction this year... 2 years ago, we went with meeting space and that was ok except just a tad bit too much conferency... then last year, we went with an MGM suite and that was a little too much partyish altho i thought it meshed more with what we wanted...

so this year, i'm thinking if we use a lounge/bar or restaurant, that might work best! unfortunately, i dont think you can reserve lounge space and to reserve a bar would be too expensive and too big for our typically small attendance. what would be neat is if we could rent some area in one of the bars (where it's not too smokey and/or loud) and do bottle service with some edibles included...

There is place called Jillians located in downtown off Freemont St at the Neonopolis Mall. They have an upstairs area with pool tables and a 4 lane bowling alley and a full bar. The only down side is that they have concerts down stairs on weekends so check to make sure there isnt one that evening. www.jillians.com

Back