LogTen Pro X

Ok, someone please clarify this for me. I have LogTen Pro 6.5.1

1. I will not have to pay for its use, unless I were to upgrade to LogTen X
2. Will upgrading to OS X Yosemite make 6.5.1 useless?

1. Correct
2. Incorrect. It ONLY disables iCloud functionality. You will have a fully functioning app otherwise.

This was discovered early on as I did the Yosemite beta test. I hope Coradine at least updates LTP6 to support iCloud drive as they should.

So the wifi sync still works? If so I'll upgrade to Yosemite.

On another note, I am so happy to see that he is so unhappy about how things are going, he took down the Facebook page. Excellent work guys! With all the bad press left on the Apple Store and the various forums, I'm sure that'll put a drag on his sales. Quite frankly, he deserves it. He has a great product, but he has become more greedy than ever and that is about to catch up to him.

Do NOT upgrade if you expect iCloud Drive functionality to work on Yosemite. It does not work. I just tested it as of this morning.

Is anyone having issues with Logten Pro X screwing up the math on Duty times? I put in my start FDP as 1449 local and my end FDP at 2325 local and its giving me a total FDP as 32.6 which is 24 hours more then it should be.

I tried syncing on the road. No dice. (Vegas joke) does wifi work okay at home to sync?

Before we had iCloud sync and it actually worked, the wifi sync was a bit sensitive. I always had issues syncing anytime I was on a large network (Ie: hotel). I guess the easiest way to test it would be off your home wifi or create a wifi hotspot off your phone. That should do the trick.

I tried syncing on the road. No dice. (Vegas joke) does wifi work okay at home to sync?

If you are on hotel wifi, a lot of times their security won't allow devices to see other devices. I never had luck wifi syncing on the road at most places. At home is was no issue.

If you are on hotel wifi, a lot of times their security won't allow devices to see other devices. I never had luck wifi syncing on the road at most places. At home is was no issue.
I'll try it when I'm home. I thinking of brining a router on the road because most hotel wifi seems to suck.

make a computer-computer network

I haven't tried that but I am sure it would work. I was never gone away from home long enough to have to worry about syncing my devices that badly. I love that through iCloud it just syncs automatically and backs up. Before I would just sync over wifi when I got home.

I'm kind of intrigued by MccPilotLog. We'll see when the Mac version comes out, but it may be a winner. One time fee if you want cloud sync to your mobile device, and free updates. I bet once this comes out and Noah loses lots of customers to his new competition, things will get real.

popcorn_yes.gif

Refunds are only for people that purchased the old LogTen Pro 6 within the last 60 days. However, reading the posts the Mac version is free and the iOS version requires the subscription.

http://email.coradine.com/t/ViewEmail/y/51B80F51C6E08B20/5BA5FE31136AEA78C5EC08CADFFC107B

Finally, to make sure there is no confusion about pricing...

LogTen Pro X for Mac is free. Download it here right now and use it, no cost, no subscription, no restrictions – the best logbook on the market, on your desktop at no charge.

LogTen Pro X for iOS is free for the first 40 hours of flight time logged and then you will be prompted to purchase a subscription.

Until Oct 31, 2014 annual subscriptions for LogTen Pro X for iOS are discounted by 50% at $34.99US for the first year. After October 31, the annual subscription goes up to $69.99US/year, or choose monthly for $6.99US. Download it here, test it out fully and try before you buy.

And remember ... your data is always yours. If you let your subscription lapse and have over 40 hours of flight time logged, the only two functions that are disabled is the ability to add new flights and sync. You can analyze your historic data, export reports, track certificates and everything else you love LogTen Pro for...

And of course, if you have any comments, questions or suggestions, you can always contact our fantastic support team at help.coradine.com!

Thanks for reading,

Team Coradine

$70/year strikes me as far too high a figure: the value isn't there. Compared to other applications, LogTenPro at $70/yr doesn't provide me enough utility or save enough time to justify the expense.

I am a LogTenPro user, and I find it to be a good, but not great, data entry tool. The data entry process could be improved to reduce the number of steps needed to log a flight or a series of flights. I find it to be a poor reporting tool. As others have noted, you either need to export the data and manipulate it externally to get reports that will answer questions like time in type (or time in a subset of type). Generating reports is a slow and cumbersome process, and having to go to another URL to retrieve the report is annoying. I want to be able to design a report of my own, format it on my iPad, and then send it directly to my printer. I find it to be a poor tool for printing hard copy logbooks or hard copy summaries: no amount of fiddling has resulted in printouts that fit the page correctly. I find it to be a bad (not poor, but BAD) tool for archiving data. When I sync to an iTunes account on an IBM laptop I have no way of confirming that the data that was copied was not corrupted.

Even if all those shortcomings were addressed, I would still be reluctant to pay $70/year, because I have encountered so many feature-rich and highly capable applications that charge a one-time fee. Coradine may feel that there is some sort of distinction between LogTenPro and the countless one-time-fee applications, but I do not perceive it. The value is not there.

Last edited:
For all users that purchased software from Apple (via Coradine) that is unusable or not as advertised, regardless of purchase date, should report the software as defective and request a full refund and in most cases Apple will refund your purchase.

Back