Life at Compass

Get out the phone. Look up the FBO information for the FBO's at LAS, call them, Taxi on over, and have them pull up thier air stairs.

I would find it very hard to believe Signatuee and Atlantic in LAS don't have stairs.

Getting a FBO to bring you stairs is actually pretty difficult. You're usually left on the ramp forever while they get around to it, and it's been 7 hours since you last saw a bathroom; time to throw out the rope and make it happen...

Attachments

• IMG_0687.JPG
    IMG_0687.JPG
    104.7 KB · Views: 285
realized that the last few days I've been logging into the Test version of IOCC..... I would've thought they Netline/CrewLink IOCC link on info.compassairline would've been update to be correct. I guess thats asking too much. Finally in the correct version and my schedule is in there, but the format is truly atrocious.

Am I the only one who can't figure out the showtimes? I'm cross referencing the IOCC schedule with the PBS award, and I don't even see a "time" on there that resembles the correct showtimes.

EDIT: Making more sense of the showtimes and dep/arr times now, but no layover time like Adler said

Last edited:
realized that the last few days I've been logging into the Test version of IOCC..... I would've thought they Netline/CrewLink IOCC link on info.compassairline would've been update to be correct. I guess thats asking too much. Finally in the correct version and my schedule is in there, but the format is truly atrocious.

Am I the only one who can't figure out the showtimes? I'm cross referencing the IOCC schedule with the PBS award, and I don't even see a "time" on there that resembles the correct showtimes.

I can't figure out how long the layover is.

Or why I have 12 month during not my awarded 12 month, and again during my awarded 12 month.

Gtfo...it's inexcusable. If the dispatcher told you to jump off a bridge I'm guessing you would do it too?

No that's stupid. If SOC told me to blow the slide, then sure, I'll do it. Doesn't mean I have to let people get off the plane...

Just saw the layover time as L/O at the end of each day's pairing. This just showed up along with the hotel information which was missing last night.

At least there is some sort of paper trail with that acars message. All the same I do not like this. Not at all. Declaring an emergency when one doesn't exist to get out of a fine is sleazy... Sleazy like threatening to fire people if they report your attempts to launch single engine.

I welcome a federal investigation.

Im not comfortable with this.

I agree with @poser765 . As we all know the PIC is the final responsibility, plus our manual says something to the effect of the pic will not let outside parties place undue pressure to execute normal or emergency authority. Remember to think critically about the situation, and evaluate everything.

Very tough situation and I feel bad for the crew and passengers that dealt with / are dealing with it.

Are you guys really this dense? You weren't there, and don't know all that happened in the three hours prior to blowing the slide. Frankly, I don't know what I would have done in this situation. Blow the slide? Maybe. Probably, not.. Seeing that photo of the Acars with the "OMG u have one minute to blow the slide or doom" well being safe and sound on the ground, what's the rush? I'd need time to evaluate the situation. I would think that in the time prior to blowing the slide they were working out a plan.. And this was the last resort all parties agreed on. I don't know. I wasn't the captain, and neither were you. You all are quick to judge when there could be more to the story.

Back