Legroom fight diverts flight

Convenience.

Yep. Changing clothes takes too much damn time, and a lot of crew lounges don't have anything more than a typical bathroom for changing facilities. That's not enough room to have a suitcase open and tossing clothes around.

I tried hard not to have to commute in uniform, but sometimes it just wasn't possible.

The recline space belongs to the seat that reclines but common courtesy should be used by the person reclining. A short "Sir, I'm going to recline my seat a little" is a nice heads up to the person behind you. And, the space under your seat belongs to the person behind you - not you. Your under the seat space is under the seat in front of you. It's amazing how many people I see put stuff under their own seat completely clueless that they are taking the legroom or storage space of the person behind them. I could never be a Flight Attendant...I'd get fired from calling stupid people...well, stupid.

Why do guys travel in uniform? Is it a requirement? Or is it just convenient rather than in shirt and tie? If only to avoid this kind of annoying stuff, as well as keep some semblance of operational security, I'd think.

Because I fly piston singles in Alaska, and it's an excuse to put on a pilot costume and walk around in an erect fashion. ^.^

(Also, makes it easier at security... though we just got KCM, so there's that, but still uniform. Also there's not a lot of doubt why you're there when you walk up to the counter to jumpseat. Also discounts at airport business. Why didn't anyone tell me about that!?)

-Fox

Why do guys travel in uniform? Is it a requirement? Or is it just convenient rather than in shirt and tie? If only to avoid this kind of annoying stuff, as well as keep some semblance of operational security, I'd think.

Laziness and time.

If I get off a flight and run for my commuter flight, having a uniform on helps TREMENDOUSLY if I'm passing through security.

If I'm commuting to work, I can use the KCM (Known Crewmember) line if I'm in uniform.

passenger-shaming-3.jpg

What the hell is that??? Does he/she have their back on the seat portion of their seat while face up to the ceiling and their legs flung over the back of their seat with their feet sticking over the top of the seat in front of the pax's face behind them??? Keeeeerist!

passenger-shaming-3.jpg

What the hell is that??? Does he/she have their back on the seat portion of their seat while face up to the ceiling and their legs flung over the back of their seat with their feet sticking over the top of the seat in front of the pax's face behind them??? Keeeeerist!

Yeah, I'm not quite sure exactly what that is. Perhaps I don't want to know, and it's best I just click away...!

And people think those riding on a Greyhound bus are scarey, frumpy, gross and ill mannered. The unwashed masses and their tawdry behavior started to infiltrate air travel long ago, sadly. I still remember the days when people wore suits to travel in and were for the most part, actually polite, respectful, decent, relatively quiet, attentive and cooperative. Now it's a free for all of flip flops, bare feet, smart ass attitudes, various body odor smells, filthy clothes, various body parts hanging out all over the place, rudeness, loudness, looking like they just came in from a round of dumpster diving, drunks, the mentally ill, violent tempered idiots who pull at the FA's clothing and body making ridiculous demands, argue with them and worse.

I always had the ultimate respect for my FAs and took care of them/had their backs and most of the senior Mamas.....they really made the long trips much more tolerable/enjoyable, could handle just about any situation, made the layovers fun and you looked forward to working with them. But seeing what they have to contend with these days......I wouldn't wish their job on my worst enemy. Pax from hell!!

I still remember that too.

I think it's just people refuse to take opportunities to "depressurize" situations because we reward crap behavior. Many people in our culture don't understand the point that yes, it's all about YOU when you're at home on your private property. But the second you step out in public, it's not all about you and you have to be…

Oh god… here it comes…

You must be…

***braces for impact***

***INCOMING!!***

…considerate of others.

The passenger in front paid for a reclinable seat. If it impedes on you, you can politely ask them, but if the answer is no, well the answer is no and you move forward.

I still remember that too.

I think it's just people refuse to take opportunities to "depressurize" situations because we reward crap behavior. Many people in our culture don't understand the point that yes, it's all about YOU when you're at home on your private property. But the second you step out in public, it's not all about you and you have to be…

Oh god… here it comes…

You must be…

***braces for impact***

***INCOMING!!***

…considerate of others.

The passenger in front paid for a reclinable seat. If it impedes on you, you can politely ask them, but if the answer is no, well the answer is no and you move forward.

Paid for a SEAT....that RECLINES?! Is this a possible perk for ECONOMY DOUBLE PLUS??!?

<evil laugh>

Back