United plane diverted to Akron-Canton because dog put on wrong flight

Has anyone thought that this could be the employees showing up UA for all the bad Kirby decisions i.e. removal of bonuses.

This was the part I didn’t understand. I can only guess they were trying to save face by stopping in CAK and dropping the dog off vs it being delayed getting to it’s owners. Still an embarrassing situation though.

A diversion just seems to throw more fuel on the fire for bad PR rather than just ‘oops, lost another dog, send him back.’

A diversion just seems to throw more fuel on the fire for bad PR rather than just ‘oops, lost another dog, send him back.’
Exactly, I would’ve just rerouted the dog once it got to St. Louis and threw money or whatever type of compensation to make the folks waiting for the dog happy. People usually calm down once you start giving them free stuff.

Hope not. There's too many of those sewer rats as it is.

Growing up with big dogs, I was never a fan. But then I met my wife who had two Chihuahua mixes, and really fell for them.

We have been involved with fostering Chi mutts for a few years, and overall they’re great little dogs. We have two foster “failures” (we kept them), and they’re some of the best dogs I’ve ever had! One of them hikes with me all the time, and has climbed several CO 14ers with me even (and he absolutely kills it!).

Back