Lear 45 tips and tricks

Not a 45 panel though…

?

2002-bombardier-learjet-45-cockpit.jpg

Could be an artifact of video game computer screen compression... there are some significant difference between the real airplane and the Microsoft version. That said, anyone who doesn't understand that can't be trusted to understand anything else about how the "online", "computer", derp-de-derP" world differs from the actual, real world. And, yeah, that IS a substantial, real problem these days in many, many domains.

Could be an artifact of the 75/45 avionics bifurcation.

The 75 and 45 are pretty much the same aircraft... except:

The 75 is Garmin "upgraded". That may explain the "wrong cockpit" cockpit comment, but you know, Yo no entiendo nada!
About the only other difference is the TFR731s in the 75 are a bit less constrained than they were in the 45. In the 75, they have something like 350 more lbs thrust per engine.

Last edited:
Engine Sync? We turn that off on our in range check.
Engine Sync?? REAL pilots know how to adjust throttles and leave it in OFF. Seriously, every time you sync adjust your throttles, it's a great reminder to scan all your secondary gauges.

I started putting a list of discrepancies together, but quit when I got well into double digits.

View attachment 75383

View attachment 75384
That's precisely what I did; noted the deltas.

I found a bunch of anomalies, too! But they were all anomalies that could be easily explained by a desire of a kode-kiddy to get "the important stuff" into a late 90's screen architecture.

I really, truly, dearly hope and trust that NOBODY assumes that any consumer-grade flight sim should realistically model any REAL freaking airplane.

If you do that... ???

Wait. You guys mean to tell me there’s no 2x-32x time acceleration in the real airplane right below the chronometer?

Get outttttta here. :)
Sometimes, some folks, in some places, lose some Situational Awareness! (including me from time to time).

This was/is a true statement:

*shrug*

Anything extrapolated beyond that is solely on the extrapolator.
Yeah, it sure as shootin' ain't perfect. But... it's pretty good in presenting all the importantly "usable" switches of a 45 in the space of a 1998 computer monitor. I mean, in those terms, it's obvious it's a 45 and not, say, a 737, or a Global 6500. IDK?? Why are we wasting our time on this again?

Again, I give them credit. It’s really good for 1999 technology. And Microsoft did the best they could, including consulting with Bombardier for the Lear 45…

IMG_9618.jpeg

I take it you've still got that old program on you 'puter, yeah?
That says a hell of lot more about why MS systems are so ready to be hacked than it does about your desire to maintain a connection with your past. 😁

I'm told that the VNAV in the 747-400 now works really well in FS Ten Billion or whatever. Like too well. Sim players are robbed of the full "what the hell is it doing now?" experience.

Progress? You decide.
Well, IDK about anything else regarding your statement or anyone elses' relating to MSFS, but I can - definitively - tell you this: It ain't progress!

Back