Layover food

IMG_6014.jpeg

Fish and chips in Limerick, Ireland. No matter how many times I go to Ireland, I’ll never understand mushy peas.

Charley Farley’s over on Waiheke Island. I rented an e-bike at the ferry terminal and made a big loop around the island, stopping there and at a few wineries.

Nice. Is the ferry back on regular schedule? I haven't been down there in about 6 months, but the last time I was there, they recommended not going because of staffing shortages making the ferry very unreliable.

Nice. Is the ferry back on regular schedule? I haven't been down there in about 6 months, but the last time I was there, they recommended not going because of staffing shortages making the ferry very unreliable.
I've gone over a numerous times over the past few months with zero issues. Pro-tip: flash your airline ID at the Fullers360 desk when you buy your ticket for a 10% discount.

What’s the place? I have one coming up, I’ll have to try that
Slippery Noodle Inn downtown. When you look up Hoosier or tenderloin sandwiches all the famous places are pretty far away from the downtown hotel. This place has live blues music, which is my jam, and the sandwich. Figured if it wasn't that good at least the music would be worth it. Luckily the food is great too.

Any folks here who frequent HKG and have adverse effects to MSG know how difficult it may be to avoid it when traveling through?

@BobDDuck I think I saw you mentioning something about it at some point?

Slippery Noodle Inn downtown. When you look up Hoosier or tenderloin sandwiches all the famous places are pretty far away from the downtown hotel. This place has live blues music, which is my jam, and the sandwich. Figured if it wasn't that good at least the music would be worth it. Luckily the food is great too.
I’m sold!

Any folks here who frequent HKG and have adverse effects to MSG know how difficult it may be to avoid it when traveling through?

@BobDDuck I think I saw you mentioning something about it at some point?

It's super tough. You have to avoid soup bases, most liquidy sauces like BBQ, and powder flavorings like you'd get on chips. It's very limiting. Also, if you ask and they say they don't put msg in, unless they aren't using any pre-made sauces, you can't really be sure.

I don't make it to HKG for work but in elsewhere in Asia my go to foods are eggs, sushi, burgers, sandwiches, and Italian food. It's really not fun but it keeps me alive.

It's super tough. You have to avoid soup bases, most liquidy sauces like BBQ, and powder flavorings like you'd get on chips. It's very limiting. Also, if you ask and they say they don't put msg in, unless they aren't using any pre-made sauces, you can't really be sure.

I don't make it to HKG for work but in elsewhere in Asia my go to foods are eggs, sushi, burgers, sandwiches, and Italian food. It's really not fun but it keeps me alive.
Thanks for the response dude!

Back