Layover food

Hop on down to Atlanta, I got you. They said I could have a couple more pieces of that bread gratis.
Thanks, fam

1726317965712.gif

If that’s the Gus’s location I’m thinking of, I must have caught them on a really bad day. Felt like I was eating a rubber chicken.

So there's a bar/restaurant called Vice in downtown BUF, which is physically attached to but not affiliated with the Aloft hotel.

It. Is. Awesome.

They give flight crews an across-the-board discount, the happy hour drink specials are REALLY good, and the pizzas are outstanding and only $13 during HH. I've had their spicy-sausage-with-hot-honey pizza, and their buffalo chicken pizza so far, and while neither is remotely in the realm of "Healthy Food" they are both worth bidding the overnight there for me. (Actually, that hotel is one of the better Alofts I've stayed in.)

The Banshee Irish Pub - BUF

I know we like to bag on the Irish-pub thing but this place isn't one of the Irish-pub-in-a-crate places that have popped up over the years. It's got your standard fare, and what's there isn't necessarily creative but the quality is good so far. Haven't had a large portion of the menu, though so it may be better or worse than I perceive.

What makes it stand out is .50 wings on Mondays. They offer a variety of sauces, but the highlight is a whiskey-based bbq-curry sauce that you have to try. They'll also finish your wings on a grill to get a little char if you like em' that way, for an extra buck.

Highly recommended.

So there's a bar/restaurant called Vice in downtown BUF, which is physically attached to but not affiliated with the Aloft hotel.

It. Is. Awesome.

They give flight crews an across-the-board discount, the happy hour drink specials are REALLY good, and the pizzas are outstanding and only $13 during HH. I've had their spicy-sausage-with-hot-honey pizza, and their buffalo chicken pizza so far, and while neither is remotely in the realm of "Healthy Food" they are both worth bidding the overnight there for me. (Actually, that hotel is one of the better Alofts I've stayed in.)

Oooh, I'll have to try this. Haven't been super impressed when I've bad BUF layovers but that looks awesome.

Oooh, I'll have to try this. Haven't been super impressed when I've bad BUF layovers but that looks awesome.

Yeah, it was a really pleasant surprise.

There's also a rooftop bar at the same hotel which is open the latter part of the week and weekends. Bit of a party place but a nice location for a cocktail right now while the weather is still decent enough. Standing outside and watching the sunset is pleasant. To whit:

Attachments

• IMG_5073.jpeg
    IMG_5073.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 6

It. Is. Awesome.

I don't eat bar food much, And I just ate a massive serving of lasagna, but damn if I don't want the meatballs and a pizza.

This thread has a noticeable lack of low seniority FO food, so here. Gus’s World Famous Fried Chicken in Atlanta.

Out of frame: 40 oz of freedom

View attachment 79705
When I lived on Mud Island, I had Gus's from the downtown MEM location...wasn't too impressed.

The original one in Mason is about 20 minutes from me now. Might have to go try that one sometime.

Back