Layover food

IMG_7713.jpeg

Currently shoving this sandwich into my face at Originale in Anchorage

9B85341C-C5B5-4A4F-81D9-33D188C16985.jpeg

Not sure that you can make a to go burrito look great but this Middle Way Cafe breakfast burrito eaten in the ANC Atlantic FBO hit the spot in the middle of a dawn patrol trip yesterday

Screenshot_20231016_094537_WhatsApp.jpg

Screenshot_20231016_094549_WhatsApp.jpg

Adda in NYC. Some of the most delish indian food you will ever have. The sister restaurant, Dhamaka, earned a Michellin star, a spot on the world's 50 best restaurants, and many other awards. Adda sells many of the same dishes as Dhamaka in a more casual setting.

Adda is 100% worth any pain or discomfort that comes after. Cannot recommend that restaurant enough.

NYC is such a good layover for food in general. Got a long one in a few weeks and I am unreasonably excited to try the sandwiches at L'industrie. Sandwiches are only available on Wednesdays and I just haven't been able to be there specifically on a Wednesday. Their pizza is the best pizza I've ever had, bar none.

Screenshot_20231016_192506_Gallery.jpg

Liberty Bagels was also a pleasant surprise last time i was there. Better than Black Seed imo.

Screenshot_20231016_192330_Gallery.jpg

oh yeah absolutely. NYC is overwhelming, in terms of choices and not knowing where to even begin, as a non-NY'er. This is already a really good gouge thread though. I'm gonna absolutely go check this place out though, next time I'm out there.

to be honest though, I can't stop thinking about your MX City pics. I knew it was an interesting food city, and pretty different than what we expect here in the US, but damn. That oxtail stew looks out of this world. We have a place up here that does a pretty convincing job of serving their flavor of Mexican cuisine, but I've never actually experienced the real thing.......only coastal towns and GDL. I think I probably need to go visit.

Last edited:
As a side note, I just smelled our kitchen trash and it smells strongly of Indian food. I am now curious if my wife was cheating on me with Indian restaurant food while I was gone this weekend. There will be consequences!!!!

Back