Layover food

Is this the A320? My buddy just bid in because of all the tropical 1 and done days. And that apparently the conversion from that to A330 (he can almost hold a good line in the right seat there) is very fast......he said 10 hours, but didn't know where he read that, or if it is sims or OE or both......
Nope, 737 is the king if you want trips south of the border at Southern Jets. The 321 does a few things (SEA-CUN now…AUA from JFK, but that’s going back 737…I’ve seen the 321 in PVR), but the 737 does most of our Mexico/Caribbean/Central-South America stuff.

He’s probably getting a short course then, which is basically MV sims/LOFT/LOE and out the door you go.

Where? I'm headed there soon.
Las Trancas, east side. Cesar Chavez and…. Forgot but best barbacoa tacos I’ve ever had. Was a weekly spot when we lived there. Hit up the grackle and or the liberty before or after for a little drank.

9E6A4F8B-63CC-463E-A7F5-043F89519AFE.jpeg

Turkish platter near our IAD layover

Burnt Ends and a half chicken at Q39 in MCI for lunch with the Captain yesterday.
View attachment 77155
View attachment 77154

You know, I'm not a huge BBQ restaurant guy, in the sense that if I'm in a group and we are trying to decide on a restaurant, the BBQ place will (almost) always be my last choice.....unless we are in TX, STL, or the Carolinas and it is a known quantity. But this looks awesome. I think my main issue is that a plate at your run of the mill BBQ joint is just super unbalanced. 10 lbs of beef or pork, with some sad sides and a bun or cornbread (depending on where). This looks like they have a tight sides game, which is everything, when it comes to meat gut bombs. And I prefer chicken or turkey or beef sausage when eating BBQ. And burnt ends of course.

I'm tremendously excited about you guys seeking out ethnic foods on layovers, it warms my heart.

When I was a young neophyte FO, people were hard-programmed on club sandwiches, burgers and, if they were feelin' kinda crazy... Italian food.

Keep up the good work. Eat weird.

Back