LAX Commuter Parking

ryan4sail

Hello everybody,
I was wondering what commuters are doing for parking at LAX. I live here, but commute, and the parking lot people said that they are unable to provide a parking pass to flight crew who are not based here. Does anybody know of any alternative lots? Any other ideas?
Thanks!

Wow. It's come to that now? Thats like someone asking for slop for dinner and the restaurant saying sorry were sold out. I haven't been there since 2013 but you used to just show airline ID and they'd sell u a pass. Or get it thru your base admin. Also, "The Parking Spot" will sell u a monthly pass but it ain't cheap.

Wow. It's come to that now? Thats like someone asking for slop for dinner and the restaurant saying sorry were sold out. I haven't been there since 2013 but you used to just show airline ID and they'd sell u a pass. Or get it thru your base admin. Also, "The Parking Spot" will sell u a monthly pass but it ain't cheap.

The LAX parking situation sucks on a good day. They stopped giving out passes to non-based employees around 2014/2015. Even if you have one, finding a parking spot is hard during some parts of the day. Even the independent parking lots see a lot of demand so they're not giving out discounts like they used to.

I usually park at the fairfield/aloft in el segundo that's south of the airport. You might be able to strike a monthly deal with them or another hotel, but I think that's really your only option outside of Uber/public transit...

The LAX parking situation sucks on a good day. They stopped giving out passes to non-based employees around 2014/2015. Even if you have one, finding a parking spot is hard during some parts of the day. Even the independent parking lots see a lot of demand so they're not giving out discounts like they used to.

I usually park at the fairfield/aloft in el segundo that's south of the airport. You might be able to strike a monthly deal with them or another hotel, but I think that's really your only option outside of Uber/public transit...
How much do they charge you per month? And how long does it take to get to the terminals?

How much do they charge you per month? And how long does it take to get to the terminals?

I don't park there regularly. I usually find a friend or Uber to take me to the metro greenline station near my house. That trip takes about an hour to the terminal once the train starts moving. The last time I parked at the fairfield, it was 5$ a day and the shuttle runs every 15 minutes. It doesn't take long to get to the terminal most times of the day. The longest I can remember was 20 minutes....

Back