Lawsuit over scab lists

flounder757

Hey there everybody. Just curious. I was reading an old post off of aviation interviews that was about Gojets back in 2005. Someone had posted that the Teamsters would sue anybody that black listed Gojetters. Sounds like B.S. to me. Could this even be possible to sue someone over a list? :confused:

Screw the Teamsters, screw those at GoJets. I have a very hairy arse that they can both kiss filled with dingleberries...

Dunn v. ALPA took care of this years ago. Scab lists are perfectly legal as long as the names listed are accurate. If someone is listed that didn't actually do what he is accused of doing on the list, then he can sue for libel.

As far as GoJet, as long as everyone on the list actually worked at GoJet, then there is nothing illegal about having a list of them.

I didn't know much better when searching for airlines. I saw what was wrong, I listened, found something worthwhile, and went after it along with 450+ pilots here at my airline.

How many of them have actually crossed a picket line?

-mini

Read the Dunn litigation ruling. It's available on the net. The courts use very broad criteria for determining whether the term fits a situation. The "actually crossed a picket line" standard is not widely recognized in the labor movement, as most unions refer even to non-union employees as scabs, even if they aren't replacements like the guys at GoJet are.

Read the Dunn litigation ruling. It's available on the net. The courts use very broad criteria for determining whether the term fits a situation. The "actually crossed a picket line" standard is not widely recognized in the labor movement, as most unions refer even to non-union employees as scabs, even if they aren't replacements like the guys at GoJet are.
Disgusting. Interesting, but disgusting. As though I needed another reason not to attempt to enter the wonderful world of 121.

-mini

The "actually crossed a picket line" standard is not widely recognized in the labor movement, as most unions refer even to non-union employees as scabs, even if they aren't replacements like the guys at GoJet are.

So until a few days ago you were a scab?
What about all the guys that worked at Colgan? They were scabs until a few weeks ago? Wow! I didn't know that.

Those of you who want to beat your chests, just for the sake of beating your chest, please retire to the lavatory.

I didn't know much better when searching for airlines. I saw what was wrong, I listened, found something worthwhile, and went after it along with 450+ pilots here at my airline.

Careful now, why anyone would want to improve their wages and working conditions is beyond some of our peers 'round these parts.

Back