Latest offer from FedEx management: We know it sucks here, we worked out an offer for you guys to go to PSA instead!

c7896ad5112206506293d5f4591a7a71.jpg

I said it would happen. But I didn’t think it would be this bad…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t know….betting on Ornstein disappearing, is a bet that hasn’t panned out well for people.

You’re on.

Sizzler? Or Ruth’s Chris?

I feel like I’m betting on the Don’t Pass line, in Craps.
I’ll take either side of that bet, payoff at at Ruth’s Chris, with both of you turkeys because, well, win or lose it would be a hell of a fun experience on so many levels that I wouldn’t care if it were free, or expensive as hell.

[\run on sentence]

I remember a few years ago when alpa begged us to write our congressmmen to save the pax carrier jobs. Glad we survived long enough to be the butt of all the jokes. I'm sure alpa national will ask for you all to do the same for us.....
As long as the memes are hilarious and Skyler keeps their 6 month upgrade I'm happy.

Interesting that they didn’t make a program like this with their feeder airlines such as Empire with ATR flying, perhaps as a bullpen to getting back to the FedEx mainline. Almost like a cargo version of Jets4Jobs…..just with turboprops…or even add jets.

I guess wouldn’t be as lucrative.

FEDEX PILOTS!

One Eight Hundred, Five Eight Eight, Two Three Hundred………. EMPIRE........... TODAY

I’ll take either side of that bet, payoff at at Ruth’s Chris, with both of you turkeys because, well, win or lose it would be a hell of a fun experience on so many levels that I wouldn’t care if it were free, or expensive as hell.

[\run on sentence]

It would indeed be a good fun time had by all, I agree!

Man I thought brown hated us but this is something different. This is tacky, and that’s putting it lightly. Morale was not a part of the decision making process before sending this out to the pilot group.

Fingers crossed the F word doesn’t come to fruition but I hope this doesn’t become one of those things where AA won’t pick up FedEx folks but will try to staff their regionals with them.

A sign on bonus enough to pay off your mortgage would be a miracle for any of us in just about every single other profession.

But if you're at FedEx you would be incurring a massive pay cut to go back to regional Hell. Even with such a fat sign on bonus and considering the time value of money you'd come out behind after a few years at PSA.

I'll make the prediction that this time in the next year, the regional model ceases to be a thing.
History has been trending that way. Out West, cities like STS, MRY, SBP ect that have always been mostly regional are increasingly becoming mainline and most cities/routes served by turboprop 10 years ago are E175s, 737s, or A319s now. Not to mention that unlike the turboprop and a lot of the CRJs that many ERJs are owned by the mainline carrier and leased out to the regionals.

But if you're at FedEx you would be incurring a massive pay cut to go back to regional Hell. Even with such a fat sign on bonus and considering the time value of money you'd come out behind after a few years at PSA.
It doesn’t make any sense, annd really it doesn’t, unless you’re just saying goodbye to FedEx for good. I don’t think it’d be a paycut for that first year if you’re also first year at FedEx.

It is easy for me to say, but I’ve really thought about being in those shoes. If my airline job were typically viewed historically as one of the top 3 or 4 on the planet (and it is, and FedEx is) and it was either furlough or take this, I would take the furlough.

I’m not sure there is a single thing that would make me give up my number at a top 5 airline job other than sliding over to another top 5.

Back