Latest offer from FedEx management: We know it sucks here, we worked out an offer for you guys to go to PSA instead!

I’m not sure what increased unity will get us at this point in our negotiations, but everything management does lately is really making us more united on the pilot side.

What I don't get is.... things went back to 2019 levels... so like back to normal... why is that the apocalypse? Did they really overgrow that much?

I'm not smurt with stuff like this.
I have been saying it for some time. The FedEx slowdown is primarily due to the cargo shortage from covid now being mostly rectified. This is primarily the result of them going for short term gains. I still have no idea why they (management/investors) act surprised.

I will say if it is 2019 levels that means it is a bit low if you go by their normal growth profile prior to 2020. Not sure if this is due to increased competition or other reasons.

Last edited:
They have such a great relationship with American, that American was only willing to offer their pilots a job at a regional instead of direct to mainline?

What a joke. If I was a fedex pilot, that alone would prevent me from ever setting foot on an AA jet again as a paying passenger.
This is not an AA problem.
Um, I think it’s at least partially an AA problem judging from the website, but alright.

I have been saying it for some time. The FedEx slowdown is primarily due to the cargo shortage from covid now being mostly rectified. This is primarily the result of them going for short term gains. I still have no idea why they (management/investors) act surprised.

I will say if it is 2019 levels that means it is a bit low if you go by their normal growth profile prior to 2020. Not sure if this is due to increased competition or other reasons.

The current management at FedEx has been making known for over a year that they intend to DRIVE more cargo to any other option besides their own airline. Think railroads, trucking, pax belly freight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What shocks me is that they have one of the most devoted pilot groups I've ever heard of, almost like a collegiate sports team and then the VP of Ops drops THAT grenade?!

Devoted to what exactly? To each other? To the company? What has been your perspective?

Um, I think it’s at least partially an AA problem judging from the website, but alright.
AAG showing where their biggest need is, RJ Captains. I cant imagine anyone doing it unless theyre a newhire at fedex and have regrets about leaving. 175k right off the bat, and 75K after a year if nothing else came to fruition prior to that. This doesnt mean that AA wouldnt want fedex pilots, they certainly do, its just the biggest need they have is RJ pilots and they are able to offer incentives there that they wont at mainline.

It's not like they write you a no strings attached $250K check... :)
I cant imagine the numbers for keeping around regionals makes sense to much longer with the amount of money theyre throwing at them.
Interesting that they didn’t make a program like this with their feeder airlines such as Empire with ATR flying, perhaps as a bullpen to getting back to the FedEx mainline. Almost like a cargo version of Jets4Jobs…..just with turboprops…or even add jets.

I guess wouldn’t be as lucrative.
Would be tricky there without an official furlough, but I guess it couldve been done. J4J was still seniority based. What wouldve been more interesting is if they were able to keep their sen with Fedex, go to PSA for a couple of years and then go back....Still, with the amount of hiring the main carriers are doing, I dont see many people doing this.

I'll make the prediction that this time in the next year, the regional model ceases to be a thing.
Lord we can only hope.

My face when a captain complains about flying a 737 to Knoxville.
nick-young-confused-face-300x256-nqlyaa.jpg

The current management at FedEx has been making known for over a year that they intend to DRIVE more cargo to any other option besides their own airline. Think railroads, trucking, pax belly freight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Of course that would be a factor but they are saying overall loads are at 2019 levels I do believe.

Back