KSMO, a Kalifornia airport

cali-nuke.jpg

It's never going to end until they succeed in closing the entire airport down. That is their only goal. There are no negotiations, restrictions, rules or whatever which will ever appease them.

Huh... sounds just like Feminists and latter-day Republicans to me.

Good to see the English Electric Lightening on there. No sign of the Avro Vulcan, that would probably wake them up a little, and I'm sure we could sneak it in there without them noticing.

Sabre's are on the list....I think I've seen exactly one of those and I'm pretty sure it was a drug running airplane.

The pistons, as far as I'm concerned, are welcome with open arms in Camarillo, and can bypass Santa Monica and buzz my apartment anytime.

The turbine-powered stuff, on the other hand and as far as I'm concerned, is welcome during daylight hours only. (And I'm not a NIMBY!)

(Incidentally, one of my favorite airport signs ever is - FLY QUIET - AVOID RESIDENTIAL OVERFLIGHTS.)

I don't think most pilots have a problem with that....but what happens when the residential area creeps up and totally engulfs an airport's perimeter? I love the ”hey, when did that airport get built behind my house!?" complaint, because usually the answer is about 30 to 50 years before that house was built.

I don't think most pilots have a problem with that....but what happens when the residential area creeps up and totally engulfs an airport's perimeter? I love the ”hey, when did that airport get built behind my house!?" complaint, because usually the answer is about 30 to 50 years before that house was built.

It doesn't matter how dense the housing, you'll get people bitching around any airport. Here's the airport I fly out of most of the time. It's surrounded by farm fields and an industrial park. Yet regularly gets noise complaints from db's living in some houses a mile west. Vocal whiny self-absorbed people are a pain in the ass all over the place.

kcoe.jpg

Hello Guys:

Actually the only FSI offering Sabreliner courses is at Saint Louis, MI.

We just called days ago and they told us they are no longer offering maintenance courses for the airplane.

BTW, it looks like we just can't go to Santa Monica.:fury:

This November we are going to be flying to KAUS for the Formula 1 race..! Hope they don't ban us there after we leave..!:bounce:

Regards.

Back