Kellwolf's Major Airline Experience

Well we're parking the -9's but I feel you.

Yeah, but you're getting -9s with bigger engines and glass cockpits!!! And tons of retirements. Pay no attention to those "efficiencies" the company got behind the curtain. Retirements!!

Well, no airline will ever be perfect. We've got room for improvement on the pay and benefits front, but overall I'm still happy here. Guys are looking to leave for the majors, and it's all up and down the seniority list. We've got a decent chunk accepting recall to Delta soon, one a check airman in the Airbus. I'm a believer of if you're not happy work to make a change and be happy. If that involves another carrier, then go for it. In the long run it's better for everyone. Me? I'm sticking until I either retire or get booted by the company shutting down or getting hosed in a merger.

As of right now, I'm sitting just a tad higher than halfway up the seniority list for my base and equipment. I get mostly 4 days that are commutable on both ends, but we'll have to see what FAR 117 does to our pairings. I'll likely be based at home by the end of next year. Not too shabby for only having been here right at a year.

Doesn't go far enough, but I think we all knew that. Between te shortfall on industry average on pay and getting rid of premium pay above 78 hours, the flood gates are gonna open on attrition. They said in the email that premium pay accounted for 2.99% of pilot wages. So, take the pay increases and knock 2.99% off that to make up for the loss in premium pay.

The new no compete clause will probably deter many people from applying. Trying to control attrition and training costs is what it sounds like to me.

First year guys got a less than stellar deal. No raise, and premium pay opportunity was taken away. For some, this will be a pay cut.

Are they saying you can't go to another airline?

This was sent to me

2. The Pilot agrees that he/she will not, for a period of two (2) years after the first day of the
Pilot’s initial training class, for any reason accept re-employment with his/her most recent Part
121 air carrier employer, including its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions or groups, and
their respective successors and assigns (collectively, “Part 121 carrier”). For example, if the
Pilot’s first day of initial training is January 3, 2002 and the Pilot voluntarily separates from
employment with the Airline on June 3, 2002, the Pilot cannot accept employment with his most
recent Part 121 carrier until January 4, 2004. This Non-compete will be null and void two (2)
years after the first day of the Pilot’s initial training class.

What is the penalty for violating the non-compete? What is an affiliate? Does it include majors that have contracts with regionals?

This was sent to me

2. The Pilot agrees that he/she will not, for a period of two (2) years after the first day of the
Pilot’s initial training class, for any reason accept re-employment with his/her most recent Part
121 air carrier employer, including its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions or groups, and
their respective successors and assigns (collectively, “Part 121 carrier”). For example, if the
Pilot’s first day of initial training is January 3, 2002 and the Pilot voluntarily separates from
employment with the Airline on June 3, 2002, the Pilot cannot accept employment with his most
recent Part 121 carrier until January 4, 2004. This Non-compete will be null and void two (2)
years after the first day of the Pilot’s initial training class.

Might as well just type up a training contract :cool:

Back