Kellwolf's Major Airline Experience

What email?
Edit: I think I know what email you're talking about. The PVC (what we have instead of an MEC which has no teeth without a CBS) has been sending emails out analyzing our PEAs section by section. Honestly, I'm not sure what they're goal is. It sounds like they're trying to convince people not to sign the new agreements, however the protections they are saying aren't in the new one aren't in the old one either. There's a section in the PEA on fragmentation, and they sent out a scary scenario of what COULD happen. The sky is falling group has latched on to it, and is apparently trying to convince anyone that will listen that management has a nefarious plan to spin the 190s off into a sub-carrier. Honestly, I don't really see it happening. Is it possible? Yeah. Likely? I don't think so. Besides, management could pretty much do whatever they wanted anyway. The court battle would be on each pilot individually, and none of us have the thousands of dollars laying around to fight it. So,it's one of those rare things that if it does happen, there's not much I can do about it anyway. Maybe some senior MCO 190 guys will go running to the Airbus because of it and I can sneak in there space. :)

Last edited:
What email?
Edit: I think I know what email you're talking about. The PVC (what we have instead of an MEC which has no teeth without a CBS) has been sending emails out analyzing our PEAs section by section. Honestly, I'm not sure what they're goal is. It sounds like they're trying to convince people not to sign the new agreements, however the protections they are saying aren't in the new one aren't in the old one either. There's a section in the PEA on fragmentation, and they sent out a scary scenario of what COULD happen. The sky is falling group has latched on to it, and is apparently trying to convince anyone that will listen that management has a nefarious plan to spin the 190s off into a sub-carrier. Honestly, I don't really see it happening. Is it possible? Yeah. Likely? I don't think so. Besides, management could pretty much do whatever they wanted anyway. The court battle would be on each pilot individually, and none of us have the thousands of dollars laying around to fight it. So,it's one of those rare things that if it does happen, there's not much I can do about it anyway. Maybe some senior MCO 190 guys will go running to the Airbus because of it and I can sneak in there space. :)

I don't understand the doomsday folks. But you're right, if they all bail to the Bus, that's a good thing!

You may get MCO this round. Any idea when the bid awards will come out? I'm betting they end up upgrading more than they opened the bid for due to the January schedule fiasco.

You may be right on that. We'll see. Should be out Friday-ish. Not sure about getting it this round. Every commute I come across guys senior to me that are trying to bid down on the 190, too.

You may be right on that. We'll see. Should be out Friday-ish. Not sure about getting it this round. Every commute I come across guys senior to me that are trying to bid down on the 190, too.
That's right! Good to see you yesterday. Made it home from HPN?

I missed MCO A320 by 1 number. I screwed up my bid and had MCO 190 Capt instead of FO. Gonna go cry now.
OMG, that SUCKS. I wondered what happened. I looked at the bid, saw your name with an N/A and was all "Wait. What?" At least you're nearly a shoe in for 320 FO in Sept. Looks like a lot of those guys there now are finally jumping on the upgrade.

What email?

The tone of the PVC's emails reflect a long-running frustration with the working relationship they have with our management. Our committees were put in place to collaborate with management on PEAs and everything else that affects our careers and quality of life. These days they are thwarted at every turn. I was listening to the phone conversation with Rob Maruster when he said that it is management and management only that writes the PEA. There is no back and forth with PEAs or amendments allowing each side to review and make suggestions. How is that collaboration? This is exactly why the PEA rollout of 2013 was such a train-wreck. There were shortcomings that were easily identifiable, sometimes previously suggested, and were still written in very weak fashion in out contracts.

The PVC is fed up with management, as are most of us, because they have no interest in working with the pilots. Have you read the analysis provided by our legal counsel? William Wilder has been doing this for a long time. He knows what he is talking about. His analysis very succinctly points out deficiencies in our contract that are easily fixable if the company had any interest in doing so.

Fragmentation? The sky may not be falling right now, but there is plenty of room in our PEA for it to happen with very little protection for us. I don't care how unlikely the fragmentation scenario is . The fact that it is possible at all is not acceptable.

Aside from any perceived or actual tone the PVC's emails have, they contain pure verifiable facts. "Numbers don't lie". Our management on the other hand......

That's only one terrorist event or "force majeur" away from going away.

I don't mean to seem negative, but the time to build strong protections against fragmentation, corporate transaction, and scope is when times are GOOD.

In 2001 at Airways we went from ironclad scope, furlough protection, minimum captain positions, minimum block hours, and minimum fleet count to 1,149 furloughs in a less than 6 month period following 9/11.

I'm happy the company is making money, but that doesn't make me feel any better about language in the contract that is easily danced around.

I don't mean to seem negative, but the time to build strong protections against fragmentation, corporate transaction, and scope is when times are GOOD.

In 2001 at Airways we went from ironclad scope, furlough protection, minimum captain positions, minimum block hours, and minimum fleet count to 1,149 furloughs in a less than 6 month period following 9/11.

I'm happy the company is making money, but that doesn't make me feel any better about language in the contract that is easily danced around.

Perfectly said.

Perfectly said.
My only point was, it seems like if they are doing well they could toss you a bone.

I agree and can see how guys would be frustrated. I'm a "yes" voter, and I'm kinda over being beaten over the head with how crappy the PEA is and how we don't have a lot of protections. Being reminded of it every two days basically has me one step away from setting a script tossing anything from the PVC into my spam folder along with RSA requests. I don't imagine the rhetoric is helping convince fence sitters at this point. One comprehensive email would have done it.

And to be perfectly honest, I've seen nearly as much spin on issues from the PVC as I have from management. I think they'd get better traction if they tried to be the better man. Let's not start our union (once we get it) already in that zone. It already appears we're at the "disgruntled and hate management stage." I think employee relations would go a long with if a) RM either took a sabbatical or another job elsewhere and b) a lot of the PVC members took some time off from the volunteer work.

Transfer date is in. Last month is JFK will be January. Start in MCO January 31st. Took me about 10-15 minutes to double check my JFK bid working towards commutability. My MCO bid is a whopping one line for a line and 2 lines for reserve.

Back