Just got MY DX License!!

pilot_nate

Hey all, I just got my license Thursday! WOOT!! Was actually a pretty fun class, learned a lot and had a great time at IFOD! Now all I need is a new job! Hehe

Hey all, I just got my license Thursday! WOOT!! Was actually a pretty fun class, learned a lot and had a great time at IFOD! Now all I need is a new job! Hehe
How was it at IFOD, Nate? Mind giving us a few details...Also, how affordable are the housings nearby?

Welcome to the club, I got my official airmen's license in the mail two weeks ago, alas still no job but one of my classmates did get interviewed by American Eagle...

Hey all thanks for the congrats!

I did the 2 week accelerated course at IFOD. Since I had some aviation background, I was able to do the 2 week course. The normal program for those with no background is 5 weeks, and the first 3 weeks is spent doing preparation for the written. I personally use Sheppardair to do the written and it was much easier i think (had the written done in 5 days). I heard the first 3 weeks of class was brutal, lots of studying and bookwork. As far as the school, it was a very good school, I would recommend it for anyone, the instructors were very knowledgeable with extensive aviation and dispatcher backgrounds. I didnt stay in the housings nearby, as I had a friend who lived in Dallas, hellava commute though. But the 'housing' are hotels pretty close to the school. A shuttle takes you to and from the school, and their website states that is pretty reasonable.

During training, Gojet came in to interview us and they had 2 openings, which I hear they usually pickup multiple students from IFOD, but no one got hired from our class (there were about a dozen of us). But, one of their sister companies, Trans States Airlines gave me a call and offered me a job on the spot, so I guess they share resumes and what not, class starts in Feb!!

Any more questions feel free to PM me :)

Congrats Jose!!!

pilot_nate said:
Thanks! I read somewhere that you also got a job, womanpilot, hows that going??

It's going well in that I'm learning tons! It's not going so well in that my airline is struggling...hoping for the best as I'd like to continue working there but we'll know more in the next month. Thanks for asking :)

Back