Just another WWYD

This is My Screen Name

9752C543-6FE0-4FAD-96BA-A56DD4DA5EE8.jpeg 7B78668E-C63E-4CE6-B0B7-A98A7D61D23B.jpeg

If you were given taxi instructions to cross 5 on Charlie and turn right on Alpha would you take Option 1 or 2?

If you as politely and looking out for a brother cause we all make mistakes said “umm I think you missed the turn” and then had the Capn flip out out on you do you -
  1. Have a come to Jesus talk or
  2. Take them out back of the hotel and give them “wall to wall counseling” or
  3. Call Pro Standards
Have fun out there!

Diagram #1.

Option #1.

Any captain that loses his shizzle and bitches at his copilot is a weak ass captain. I absolutely love when my copilots speak up, even if they're wrong. So many guys sit there in the right seat with the "I don't care, you're the captain" attitude which usually leads to a lecture, from experience, that "there will be two chairs with pilot written on them at the hearing and saying 'I'm just the copilot' is followed by uproarious laughter by the FAA and the company attorneys".

#1 and I deal with that nonsense face to face and quickly before it becomes a pattern. Goes something like this, "Hey. I'm looking out for both of us........" I also would have called the turn prior to getting to it though but that is how I was taught, and its company policy for low vis, so I do it all the time. I've never had anyone complain about it.

#3. Clarify with ATC. That’s kind of a goofy route.

?

turn right on Alpha is goofy or the taxiway routing itself? - the second one yea (if you look at Google Satellite image its not as funky as it looks on the diagram...), which is why I was like "“umm I think you missed the turn”" (there was still time to make the turn when I said that, just not on the yellow line... when I realized he wasn't going to turn...)

thanks for the input ya'll, I just had the misfortune of a couple of douchey copilots in a row and I was close to reaching my limit so I wanted to make sure I was not wrong before I face to face with the guy. Turns out the next morning, he apologized profusely and the rest of the trip went well.

Peace.

EDIT - at the end of the day - FOR THAT PARTICULAR SITUATION - it didn't really matter that we missed the turn, there were no other aircraft around, it didn't create any conflicts and I couldn't have really cared that the turn was missed - as said I was more trying to look out for a bro and keep our noses clean. The reaction to me saying we missed our turn was the problem I had and that was resolved.

Last edited:

See, that's where I'll call BS. They don't use 5!! :)

/sarcasm, insert standard disclaimers, etc. I know they use it sometimes.

And to answer your question, Option #1. And I don't yell unless we're literally in a life threatening situation AND you haven't responded to a normal volume/tone. (Had a 250lb muscular student lock up on the controls at 300' descending to the runway when I was instructing. He's still the only person I've yelled at in an airplane. After I stated I had the controls twice and he didn't let go or fix anything.) I usually say "thank you" in that situation.

Last edited:
#1 as long as you are not on R making that left then right...

I'm also in favor of #3 since it is a charted hotspot.

Sent from my Startac using Tapatalk.

Back