Jumpseat Fun

I've tried suggesting that in the past...it usually gets me a glare.

Hmmm. I haven't elicited that reaction yet, but I suppose I can see where that might rub someone the wrong way. I recall there was a suggestion somewhere to sticky a thread with information on chapter and verse for where to find the JS info in company manuals. Certainly can be a bit helpful if you can help them find what they are looking for quickly.

Hmmm. I haven't elicited that reaction yet, but I suppose I can see where that might rub someone the wrong way. I recall there was a suggestion somewhere to sticky a thread with information on chapter and verse for where to find the JS info in company manuals. Certainly can be a bit helpful if you can help them find what they are looking for quickly.
Believe me I definitely have. The only airline I've ever been kicked off of because they couldn't figure it out was US airways. So I've kept the reference for them in my phone.

Does anyone know the latest on J/S with Skywest ? I heard they've gone back and forth.
I cannot find them in Jumpseatinfo.org

What exactly are you wanting to know?
Chance I may need to J/S on Skywest and wanted to make sure all good before I made plans/reservations. I'm CASS.
Heard a rumor was off-again on-again for other regional dispatchers. Probably just rumor.
Thank you!

Just posted on the ADF site:

Coming soon- Your one-stop-shop for "all things jumpseat"
Phil's Jumpseat Corner
(under construction)
The page will have resources and tips and will be a "one-stop-shop" for all things Dispatch/Jumpseating.
For all you ADF members (or soon to be ADF members)..
this resource on the ADF site is up and running !
Phil is a great resource who values and respects our privilege and has a passion for sharing information.
Phil also welcomes any experiences you've had jumpseating that could help others :) Just drop him a note!

For all you ADF members (or soon to be ADF members)..
this resource on the ADF site is up and running !
Phil is a great resource who values and respects our privilege and has a passion for sharing information.
Phil also welcomes any experiences you've had jumpseating that could help others :) Just drop him a note!

Yay! His stories are so great and I wondered if it was still active. Good to know it is back up.

I had the pleasure of riding up front last night on a hop from Midway. For anyone who hasn't flown on the 4th of July or New Year's, the fireworks displays are incredible. Grateful we didn't get lasered, though.

Has anyone ever tried to use AA internationally last minute as OAL (less than 24 hours prior)? How did the agents assist you, if so?

Has anyone ever tried to use AA internationally last minute as OAL (less than 24 hours prior)? How did the agents assist you, if so?

Never tried using them internationally...but make sure you are listed first. If you're not listed, my experience is the agents will not help you.

AA doesn't do CASS for international

your best bet is DL - if there is seats in the back // no cockpit for international

I work with 747 and we do not have an international agreement with them. I still tried and the 24 hour or less phone number listed me in 2 minutes flat. Same as domestically. When I got to the counter the agent was the one who pointed out we did not have the international reciprocal. If your shop has the agreement then it should not take longer than a domestic listing does.

If it makes you feel better my regional, which operates flights as American Eagle doesn't have a international agreement with them either.

Back