Jumpseat Etiquette- What would you do?

Lemme guess. Short guy with French sounding name? Great dude, but quite the hard-ass on this one thing…😎

1700450367572.gif

I -in plane clothes, flying on my own airline with no bags- had to take the JS to get home. No biggie. An offline in uniform checked in at the last min, also no biggie. But, with at least twenty people still in line in the jet bridge (including me) she pushed her way down and to end of the bridge. She then proceeded to try to push her way in to the line in front of me to get on the plane. When I inquired as to what she was doing; she proceeds to scoff, roll her eyes mumbles something that sounded like "well I'm up front". She looked young so I try to give her the benefit of the doubt and I say she can wait a second. The whole situation was a little off putting. My question is, what would you say in this situation? I've never felt the need to rush on to the plane to get in to the JS - especially on an airline that isn't mine. Also the comment of 'well I'm up front'? Ma'am so am I... Coming up an old timer told me to wait for revenue pax to get on and keep your bags in the JB till after you check in and see where the crew would like them stored- especially on an airline that isn't your own. Thoughts?
Per recent evidence, it seems like... eat a bunch of mushrooms. Then, step raaaaight up! And sit raaaaaight down!

Back