Jumpseat Etiquette- What would you do?

Truly the days of checking a scab list are long in the past.

(not accusing anyone here of being a scab; just a historical reason why the seat would be defended as the Captain’s prerogative)

Truly the days of checking a scab list are long in the past.
The United strike was in 85 and the CAL and EAL strikes were before that. You'd have to have been on the UAL list at 27 years old or younger to not have aged out by now. Probably only a handful of guys still flying that are on the scab list.

Just trying to brighten up your day!

It was the highlight of the evening

BTW, beers soon?

Absolutely!

IMG_3642.jpeg

Purple is long call, green is days off

I got seriously chewed out for this, problem is at they don’t tell you this until after you FUBAR. Is like tribal knowledge. To the best of my research it wasn’t written anywhere. Maybe it is now, I don’t ride SW frequently.
Well, if you get on AFTER the pre boards, and General, you can sit in the exit row. They just don't want pre boards there. Stupid thing we have....

Well, if you get on AFTER the pre boards, and General, you can sit in the exit row. They just don't want pre boards there. Stupid thing we have....
I started including it in my FA briefing.
"If we have offline jumpseaters, please remember they may not be aware of our exit row policy. If they sit there please give them some grace."

Hopefully that helps reduce the butt chewing. I want our jumpseaters to feel welcomed. (But still check in with us when you board please)

Our shop's FOM says if a JSer has been cleared for a seat in the back, they need not check in with the flight deck in order to "minimize disruptions" of preflight duties.

It was the highlight of the evening

Absolutely!

View attachment 74934
Purple is long call, green is days off

Not being used on reserve much and the ability to pick up pure opentime for extra pay above guarantee. Something you can't do at other shops unless it's being picked up at 150-200%, OR, working for "free" and just filling up the reserve hour bucket so you don't get used as much later in a month.

Your shop one of the few (only) places where as a reserve pilot, you can pick up trips from open time the SECOND that open time trading opens up for lineholders, and get that as 100% pay above reserve guarantee.

On reserve, I would pick up two 2-day trips and go from a 79 hr guarantee to 100+ hrs. Every month.

So let me get this straight.....if you are PLC, and you pick up open time on unassigned days, that pay credit goes on top of standard 75 hr guarantee? Or is that only if you pick up trips on your days off? Sorry, never did long call, so I never really learned how it worked

So let me get this straight.....if you are PLC, and you pick up open time on unassigned days, that pay credit goes on top of standard 75 hr guarantee? Or is that only if you pick up trips on your days off? Sorry, never did long call, so I never really learned how it worked

Only on days off.

I see green on 8th and 11th and trip on 9/10th, so I thought it was a pick up on a day off.

I only see 9 days off in green, so let me to believe picked up on a day off.

I apologize if I’m wrong.

Only on days off.

I see green on 8th and 11th and trip on 9/10th, so I thought it was a pick up on a day off.

I only see 9 days off in green, so let me to believe picked up on a day off.

I apologize if I’m wrong.

I won't lie, I barely know how to read the calendar anyway. It is awesome though to see a PLC CA not being used heavily. When I was SCR this time last year, it seemed like those guys were being abused. On another note, since I forgot to bid a primary line next month, I bid secondary. I noticed that I was really senior on that list haha. If you could 3rd step a OF line, that might be my new strategy (since it is way easier to parse 20 lines than 450+)......but you can't, so I am just an idiot.

Back