Joining the OOTSK ranks

I dunno who came up with this OOTSK business, but the term "freight dog" is much more dignified. Like, whataya gonna tell a woman at a bar?

"I'm in the Order of the Sleepless Knights!" [in my head, that can only be delivered in a fruity tone :dunno: ]

or

"Ima freight dog."

If you would have told me you were OOSK on our first date Stephen, you would have probably got a second date...

I dunno who came up with this OOTSK business, but the term "freight dog" is much more dignified. Like, whataya gonna tell a woman at a bar?

"I'm in the Order of the Sleepless Knights!" [in my head, that can only be delivered in a fruity tone :dunno: ]

or

"Ima freight dog."

Don't tell a woman at a bar either one.

Say something like, I own a chain of hotels.

I always went with "I am a heavy equipment operator" -- true, plus it gives them the impression that I make more than I do and have job security.

If you would have told me you were OOSK on our first date Stephen, you would have probably got a second date...

Is that why spent our honeymoon in Yreka sitting in the living room, ignoring me the whole time? I have needs too, ya know?

Don't tell a woman at a bar either one.

Say something like, I own a chain of hotels.

I prefer to tell them I'm a plumber.

I still dont get why Dough removed "Freight Dawg" as the title to this forum... I guess someone got offended?

Congrats on the job! Whatcha gonna be flying?

My spidey sense (and reading his previous posts) suggests to me that he's going to be an Irish Concorde F/O for a certain Milwaukee based rubber-dog-doo hauling outfit.

Regardless, Congrats!

Thanks fellas! Boris, I'll actually be moving down to TX and flying some Barons and Twin Cessnas. I wish it was in Milwaukee, maybe that will be the next gig.

Any advice for a freight dog newbie? I'm going to be flying beech 99's and 1900's in the cold north...mostly to mexico, texas, and the midwest.

I think I know who you're going to fly for. Right seat?
If you are PIC send me a PM. screw it send me a PM anyway.

Thanks fellas! Boris, I'll actually be moving down to TX and flying some Barons and Twin Cessnas. I wish it was in Milwaukee, maybe that will be the next gig.

Bringing a thread back from the dead, you working for Big D?

Good stuff, when did you start? I worked there for 8 or 9 months about 8 or 9 months ago. How do you like it?

Back