JFK T5/TWA Flight Center/Saarinen Building Photo Issues

And these are the same "rent-a-cops" that are demanding a raise.

The Saarinen building is not in a SIDA area, so there can't really be any restrictions. Sounds like you just got a power-happy mall cop.

I'd be grumpy too. :)

Think of it like this. It's New York City. Pretty much the center of power of the "Western World" and it's JFK so people that are arriving are going to points far and beyond. Power brokers, vacationers, the wealthy, maybe they're going to Los Angeles, maybe they're flying to Barcelona.

There you are, every day. You're not even a government worker like the TSA with higher wages and protections, you're a sublet security officer who, day in and day out, see people arrive, depart and you're invisible. No one ever goes, "Oh man, that contract security guard was so friendly, so helpful" you're just invisible.

Arrives at home at some strange hour, the wife asks, "How was your day?"

"Stood around. I got in the ass of some people that were parked in the unloading zone for too long. Blew my whistle at some other people. Got rained on. Nope, TSA hasn't called yet. Some kid wanted to take a picture of an abandoned building and well, I gave him the old 'what for' and ran him off".

I'd be grumpy too. :)

Think of it like this. It's New York City. Pretty much the center of power of the "Western World" and it's JFK so people that are arriving are going to points far and beyond. Power brokers, vacationers, the wealthy, maybe they're going to Los Angeles, maybe they're flying to Barcelona.

There you are, every day. You're not even a government worker like the TSA with higher wages and protections, you're a sublet security officer who, day in and day out, see people arrive, depart and you're invisible. No one ever goes, "Oh man, that contract security guard was so friendly, so helpful" you're just invisible.

Arrives at home at some strange hour, the wife asks, "How was your day?"

"Stood around. I got in the ass of some people that were parked in the unloading zone for too long. Blew my whistle at some other people. Got rained on. Nope, TSA hasn't called yet. Some kid wanted to take a picture of an abandoned building and well, I gave him the old 'what for' and ran him off".
Bes thing I've read all week!

Today I actually talked to a Port Authority Policeman. Like actual badge and metal gun and the whole nine.

Very nice guy, and I told him about the security guard, and he said he's never heard of any restrictions at all concerning that building.

Last edited:
Back