JetBlue unprofessionalism on display

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those of you who don't know Calcapt and didn't have the pleasure of meeting him at NJC, he is one of the most professional and non-confrontational people I've ever met in my life. I'm sure that's the way he presented it and shame on those of you who are bashing him. What we need in aviation is MORE CAs willing to step up to the plate and defend their profession. With those 4 stripes comes a gigantic responsibility to both your crew and your passengers. If you're not willing to take it seriously, you'd be better off finding another profession. :rolleyes:

BTW, I guarantee you that he would have said the exact same thing if it had been another airline's crew...or even his own!

Man, a guy can't vent on a forum? Yikes.

I've got a few friends at Jetblue if you like I can ask. May just do it anyway because I'm curious.

I'm not a big fan of hanging out on the runway personally, I've even been accused of abusing the equipment "A little" making sure I get off the runway for the next guy (basic rule, if i have to accelerate to make it to the next taxiway I shoulda planned better).

Anyway, cheers to cal and de (yoda :)) Even though the tone may suck a little its nice to hear folks talking about it, perhaps even a jetblue guy can chime in.

This was not directed specifically about JetBlue, rather the individuals involved. It could of just as easily been Delta, NW or even a Continental crew. Admittedly, the thread title was a bit unfair but at the time of the writing I was a little steamed and they took the credit. I suppose this should teach us all not to post on forums until we calm down and gain perspective. The issue here is to focus on keeping these juvenile actions out of our industry, not to beat up any particular airline. I know that there are many great and professional JetBlue pilots out there.

I don't know why a crew would do that. Going around (for me anyway) increases workload tremendously. I wouldn't want to put type of pressure on anyone. Isn't there something in the regs about taking the first suitable turnoff? I'm not saying that crews should have to do extraordinary acts to get off the runway or trying to save an ATC mistake of sequencing aircraft to closely, but they should be looking out for the guy behind them.

This was not directed specifically about JetBlue, rather the individuals involved. It could of just as easily been Delta, NW or even a Continental crew. Admittedly, the thread title was a bit unfair but at the time of the writing I was a little steamed and they took the credit. I suppose this should teach us all not to post on forums until we calm down and gain perspective. The issue here is to focus on keeping these juvenile actions out of our industry, not to beat up any particular airline. I know that there are many great and professional JetBlue pilots out there.
Very classy Bill. Thanks for adding that and hopefully that will stop this thread from going down the drain.
I just listened to the tapes and you guys were even nice enough to thank the jetBlue crew for the go around practice.

because thats what they are

I have to agree with Mike on this one, and this is coming from a hardcore ALPA guy. They definitely lower the bar for the industry, but I can't call the entire jetBlue employee group scabs seeing as they've never flown struck work or crossed a picket line.

Glad to see you back off a bit. You were very quickly losing all credibility with me. I had a picture of this Elmer Gantry guy sermonizing on professionalism, while acting the nutjob picking fights with innocent aircrew in elevators.

From your side of the story it sounds like they dorked you on the runway, but hey, I wouldnt wait for tower to call my go around at 30 feet in a low energy state and complain about added risk on a msg bd. sounds to me like you were taking out your poor decision skills on an unrelated crew dressed like TSA agents.

:rolleyes: WOW! "Poor decision skills?" Why not check out his profile. I'll bet he's been flying for longer than you've been alive.

I'm sure Bill will sleep better tonight knowing he didn't lose ALL credibility with you. :whatever:

:rolleyes: WOW! "Poor decision skills?" Why not check out his profile. I'll bet he's been flying for longer than you've been alive.

I'm sure Bill will sleep better tonight knowing he didn't lose ALL credibility with you. :whatever:

Its pathetic, isn't it? Kids today thinking they know more about flying than the elders... Makes me sick. But what can you do, it's the "me first" generation where everyone expects everything to be given to them without doing any work in exchange. Absolutly pathetic.

I have been a pilot for half of my forty years. Mr. Bill has a lot of experience and I respect him for that. i certainly dont understand the picking an argument in a elevator bit.

I understand that you have a PPL, but going around at 30 ft in a jet after the tower commands it is not the same as doing it in a c150 and imho not the best decision. Sorry, but I think if i did that, I would be regretting it too.
cheers

We've had a SkyWest CRJ cut us off during taxi (complete with the captain giving us the bird while going by) but nothing like this.

I think we already managed to scare away the one B6 guy that regularly posted on here, but maybe somebody here knows anyways? Does JetBlue have some sort of tech recommendation to use all available runway for stopping? I've been forced to go around twice in Charlotte (which really isn't saying much) in the last 6 months because of a B6 Airbus rolling all the way to the end to exit. Maybe something about saving brakes? I'm just thinking out loud here.

I dont care who they are or what they did, but on a runway is NOT the place to take out a beef with someone.

On the ground mano-a-mano is one thing, but in a airplane, with people onboard and safety at risk, is TOTALY uncalled for.

We've had a SkyWest CRJ cut us off during taxi (complete with the captain giving us the bird while going by) but nothing like this.

That was nice of them. :sarcasm: I hate when people behave like that. I would not have given you the bird. Anybody who has to overnight in Gillette WY is alright in my book. :)

Back to the subject at hand. I find this issue somewhat curious. Just last week I saw the same thing first hand as I was taxiing for takeoff in SLC. Only it was a Delta Connection aircraft that had to go around, while Jet Blue was still on the far end of the runway. There was an onery exchange over the radio between the two crews. I didn't think too much of it at the time since I did not know every detail. I hope this is only a strange coincidence and not a new trend.

That was nice of them. :sarcasm: I hate when people behave like that. I would not have given you the bird. Anybody who has to overnight in Gillette WY is alright in my book. :)

Back to the subject at hand. I find this issue somewhat curious. Just last week I saw the same thing first hand as I was taxiing for takeoff in SLC. Only it was a Delta Connection aircraft that had to go around, while Jet Blue was still on the far end of the runway. There was an onery exchange over the radio between the two crews. I didn't think too much of it at the time since I did not know every detail. I hope this is only a strange coincidence and not a new trend.

All the SkyWest Brasilia guys/gals are very nice and most other SkyWest guys are nice too! :)

Gillette... the best a man can get!

Why am I not surprised at:

B6 screwing things up.

CalCapt letting them have a piece of his mind in the hotel.

DE saying something ridiculous. AGAIN.

While I'm not a pilot for B6, I think it might have something to do with the fact that we do not use reverse thrusters on landing and probably utilize the entire runway to save the wear and tear on the brakes. That is just my guess.

I've had 3 personal experiences with jetBlue in Seattle. Twice had to go-around due to their "brisk walk" to the end of the 16C...the last one was the most fun.

Coming into SEA during a low overcast (imagine that?!) at about 800ft...so naturally there's flow. jetBlue is holding short of 16L at November (they actually made a midfield high speed this time), a CAL 737-800 lands 16C is told to hold behind jetBlue (there is enough room for 2 narrowbody aircraft to hold). We're about to break out on the approach when CAL says "We can't clear the runway, jetBlue won't move up to the hold bars and our tail is not clear". We're told to go around (which results in an extra 35 mins of flying)...and as we're about to change over, my Captain catches a break in the clouds to see jetBlue about 60 ft from the hold bars...

I'll leave it up to imagination what he said as checked off with Tower...;)

In that case maybe they should notify final approach/tower and let them no that it will be a long landing rollout.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back