JetBlue A321

SeanD

Here it is. Not bad looking. First A321 Ive seen with the winglets. Is it just me or do those engines look small? This concludes your anet moment for the day.

JetBlue%20A321-200%20D-AVZA%20(N903JB)(13)(Grd)%20XFW%20(GB)(46)-S.jpg

Looks cool, I think it may be the first 321 with sharklets. I thought the tacky tie tail was weird, this one takes the cake...

Isn't it supposed to have a special interior?

The IAE engines on 321s are noticeably smaller in diameter than the CFMs. They produce the same amount of power (or very similar). I like that I don't have to contort myself into a yoga pose to check that the cowling latches are secure.

I wonder if the sharklets do anything to aid the performance of it. The 321 is in dire need of a new wing.

I don't think they're on there for decoration ;-)

The 321's we're getting this year will be the high-density varient with roughly 190 seats, the 3-class "Mint" configured planes will start arriving in Q1 of '14.

From what I've heard the IAE and CFM are very comperable on the A320 while the IAE is preferable on the 321. Don't know why though...

The 321's we're getting this year will be the high-density varient with roughly 190 seats, the 3-class "Mint" configured planes will start arriving in Q1 of '14.

From what I've heard the IAE and CFM are very comperable on the A320 while the IAE is preferable on the 321. Don't know why though...

Any word on routes? I'm hearing NYC-LA so far for the mint configured planes.

Ours are 187. Going to the West Coast is done at FL280-FL300 until you're somewhere over the midwest. If you're lucky, you'll top out at FL330 before descending into LAX, PHX or SFO.

I've flown both engines, CFM and IAE on the 321. I think the IAEs are a little quieter. They also seem to transition to Climb power a little better. You don't get that slight sinking feeling you do with the CFMs. CFMs start up faster and our IAE 321s don't uplink the Final Weight and Balance data right, but that's just me being lazy.

I think its going to the carribean/florida then SFO/LAX first.

That's what I was thinking. FLL is a growing up, they were talking about running 100+ non stops from there at my meeting. I know they are adding new destinations to South America as well, but from what I understand, they are targeting business class transcontinental travelers.

Remind me again, is Alternate Law more like HAL, Robocop, current US foreign policy, or the NS5s from I-Robot?

The first "sharklet" single aisle Airbus are being shipped. A friend of mine is flying one these days, he's seeing about 1000lbs/h fuel economy but the aircraft is slightly more of handful in crosswind landings. I'm not sure about the new wing though... They do need a new wing, that's for sure. This might come with the new NEO engines ?

Back