JetBlue A321

Don't be so sure. NWA did a thorough study on adding the A318 to their fleet back in the early '00s, using it as a small DC-9 replacement since it would be a common type with all of their Airbii, but they found that the A318 fuel economy was barely better than the A320, but with far fewer seats. The seat-mile costs made it too inefficient to be worthwhile. I would imagine that JetBlue did the same study and found that the Embraers were a better bet.

Does the A321 have a different wing than the rest of the family? It doesn't have the inner/outer cells, so it already can't do the same CG trickery as A318/319/320.

The fuel tank configuration is different. There isn't an outer/inner tank situation. The wing itself, though, is the same as on a 320, but this thing weights 40,000+ lbs more.

Don't be so sure. NWA did a thorough study on adding the A318 to their fleet back in the early '00s, using it as a small DC-9 replacement since it would be a common type with all of their Airbii, but they found that the A318 fuel economy was barely better than the A320, but with far fewer seats. The seat-mile costs made it too inefficient to be worthwhile. I would imagine that JetBlue did the same study and found that the Embraers were a better bet.

Isn't the 319 the super performer of the 320 series? With better range than even the 320?

The 319 does the best out of all 3. It has the best range and performance. It's actually a very good airplane for hot/high conditions.

Before the doj put the kibosh on the merger, they were going to place a good 30 of them in mia to do some of the south america flying.

I wonder if the sharklets do anything to aid the performance of it. The 321 is in dire need of a new wing.

The 321 Neo is going to have new wings and engines. It supposed to be the first true 757 replacement. I know Hawaiian ordered a few because they want to do Hawaii to the mainland.

Tech stop in wintertime plz.

I don't know guys, I've flown the 321 fully loaded phl - sea and sfo - clt all year and never had to stop. Only problem i've ever had was las in the middle of the summer taking off on 1r. But we just pushed the turbo boost button and didn't have any problems.

Which is why I never understood why Blue went with 190's over 319's.

the e190 is better for what it's designed for, rj style routes without the rj experience. The 319 is for the long range and t/o performance.

I don't know guys, I've flown the 321 fully loaded phl - sea and sfo - clt all year and never had to stop. Only problem i've ever had was las in the middle of the summer taking off on 1r. But we just pushed the turbo boost button and didn't have any problems.
I was on Airways westbound once and we stopped, but it's entirely possible (likely) that they cut it short/were otherwise too optimistic to begin with.

Here it is. Not bad looking. First A321 Ive seen with the winglets. Is it just me or do those engines look small? This concludes your anet moment for the day.

JetBlue%20A321-200%20D-AVZA%20(N903JB)(13)(Grd)%20XFW%20(GB)(46)-S.jpg

Nice plane and nicer cabin.

I still think about my prior employer in regards to all these airlines trying to do what they did on transcons and wonder what their future will be once all the other airlines also have the "disco balls" and vibrators.

I was on Airways westbound once and we stopped, but it's entirely possible (likely) that they cut it short/were otherwise too optimistic to begin with.

I haven't been here long enough to see everything, but what i have noticed is guys here (well within their rights to do so) want to land with around at least 10k of fuel vs my last place which was more like 5 or 6k. I've also noticed single-engine taxi isn't in many peoples vocabulary either.

The 321 Neo is going to have new wings and engines. It supposed to be the first true 757 replacement. I know Hawaiian ordered a few because they want to do Hawaii to the mainland.

I wonder if Boeing is going to have their own answer to a TRUE 757 replacement, in the form of a new plane. And I'm not talking about a 739ER MAX.

I wonder if Boeing is going to have their own answer to a TRUE 757 replacement, in the form of a new plane. And I'm not talking about a 739ER MAX.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.

I don't know a pilot alive that sees the -900 as a viable 757 replacement.

I flew the -200 and felt like I was an afterthought sitting in an A/V closet. With the NG's being smaller:

"Ungh..." No "nah nah nunaaaah"

Before the doj put the kibosh on the merger, they were going to place a good 30 of them in mia to do some of the south america flying.

It's not a done deal yet. I still see things working out in our favor

I haven't had any problems going PHL or CLT to the West Coast in a 321, either. You were just lucky you had an IAE 321 with a Bump.

I don't know but I think these days there are 2 markets for airplanes, Wide body and narrow body. Seems like if it's in this hemisphere they are gonna jam as many people into a narrowbody as they can and fly it till the gas runs out. If it's across the pond or longer than 6 hours they will use a wide body.

Gone are the days of nyc - lax in a 747.

I flew the -200 and felt like I was an afterthought sitting in an A/V closet. With the NG's being smaller:

They should to a narrow body version of the 787 and have it the same rating as the 787 widebody. Like they did for the 757/767.

It's not a done deal yet. I still see things working out in our favor

Hope so, I've been wishing for it every time i see a shooting star.

the 321 and 73-9 are the mainline version of the crj.

They wanna see how long they can make it before it snaps in half or is unable to fly coast to coast.
can't wait for the 737-1000 with a special tail wheel.

Here's an airbus j/s trick.

If you take the middle jump seat and slide it to the middle and then take the cushion off the 2nd jump seat and the lean the cushion against the closet, baby you've got a couch!

Back